Sorry for being so mysterious earlier and late but the announcement is a new PSOne emulator called PS1P, the video of it was posted on DCEmu last week, well now i can reveal that the emulator is 100% real and plays a lot of games infact the coder informed me that it should be compatible with 90% of games. My favourite game btw is Command and Conquer Retaliation which played great on the emulator, the Video parts worked perfect, speed isnt full yet as this is only a beta and theres no dynarec yet but its impressive anyway.
Heres some screens:
Heres more info from the Anonymous Coder:
1) Ridge racer works perfectly.
2) Final Fantasy 7 works perfectly, there's only a bug that prevents the "Sony Computer Entertainment ..." logo from showing at the start, but the game continues to work. Just wait some time and the next screen("Squaresoft") will appear.
3) Final Fantasy 8 works. The same bug as FF7 prevents the opening screens (including squaresoft and credits) to show, but if you keep pressing X eventually it will reach the menu. There's another bug that prevents the game from rendering the screen in the world map, although it continues to run. However the screen shows when you pause the game. So keep pausing and un pausing and voila, you'll be able to run around However, in the part when you go drive a car it seems to freeze at a black screen.
4) Memory cards should work most of the time.
5) Save states work around 70% of the time. L+R+left to save, L+R+right to load.
Heres how it runs for now
1) Put the ps1p and ps1p% folders in /PSP/GAME
2) put scph1001.bin and psx.iso in the ps1p folder. psx.iso is any ps1 game image in IMG, ISO or BIN format. Currently there's no menu (sorry) so that's the way to select a game at the moment.
3) open the emulator and it will run psx.iso automatically.
About the beta i have the Anonymous Coder posted this to me:
This release does NOT have a dynarec, yet--this is being worked on currently.
Expect a 2x or more speed increase with the dynarec
This Playstation Emulator will not be released till its ready but by the looks of it its gonna be awesome and even in beta stage im very impressed. I can say its nothing to do with PCSX in any form and its not by Zodttd just to stop rumours, i actually dont know who its by but as soon as i know more info etc i will let you all know.
The emulator is running on both v1.0 and v1.5 Firmware, ill test on later versions when i get time
BTW the screens are crappy and i only have a limited number of PSX Games to choose from but as i scrounge pinch and borrow more ill have more info
A few things i didnt mention earlier theres no sound at the mo or wasnt for me anyway and although games are working perfectly they arent yet full speed although some are very good.
Whilst checking other sites ive seen some stupid comments saying its a fake, well if its a fake then im enjoying playing PSOne on my PSP. OH and one last little Dig nice work to them sites who removed the watermark and totally didnt credit this thread, next time ill slap the watermark in the middle.
Awesome! Too bad I have a 32 mb memstick...
LOL, I knew it.
woah. very good!
hah, i shoulda known, I cant wait! will ps1 be easier to port to fullspeed than n64? youd think so cuz psp and ps1 are both made by sony, but i'm not to technical with emulation
This is yet more great news for PSPers. Woooo. Poor Sony I almost feel bad for them. ALMOST.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)