Thread: NeoGeo Emulation: AES4All ROMRC Update!

Dreamcast NeoGeo Emulation: AES4All ROMRC Update!

Shoometsu released an updated version of the AES4All (aka Neo4All/AES) ROMRC datafile! With this you can convert many many more NeoGeo games for use with AES4All:

after some weeks of work I have already done. the sets were tested with aes4all b1, and each game is commented when not working, you can see if your game is working before convert/burn it, some sets may have specific data that need to be decypted and/or descrambled, wich is also mentioned in each game. just test it

Download it here and place it into your /Convertneo/ folder, then start converting your games.

Updated: the local AES4ALL download now also contains the conversion tool and the new ROMRC

Source: Chui's official forum

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the update. I was hoping you might be able to help me out with a problem with your Starter Kit. I've been able to convert the games to .aes files and burn a disk, but I can only use the Neo4all AES beta 1 version with a file menu to access the games. Is there any way to put the rom in the right place so that you can access a file menu with the beta 4 or rc-1 version of Neo4all CD?? The games I want to play (KOF 94, KOF 95, KOF 96) run very choppy using the beta 1 version.

There's Neo4All/AES for your ROMs and NEO4All/CD for your CD games (those with CDDA soundtrack)

You need to swap with your NeoGeoCDs in the beta4/rc1/NeoDC main menus.

So I recommend the CD versions of your KoF games as these are perfectly emulated

DCEmu Rookie

awesome lets keep dc alive!

Hey i've been tring to figure this out for a while and was wondering if anyone can help me with a few problems i've been having concerning Neo4all emus?

1.For what ever reason i can't seem to get the background music to play in the games when using Neo4all CD? If someone could please tell me how to properly burn the game so i can get the background music to play?

2.Does Metal Slug 3,4,5 work with Neo4all AES? When i try to convert them it says that they are "Not a Valid rom set". Is there any way to fix this so they will work? I tried finding prefetch files thinking that may help but so far havn't been able to find any for Metal Slug 3,4,5. Other than that Metal Slug 1,2, and x seem to work fine.

Thanx in advance for the help. And sorry if i am asking questions that have all ready been asked and answered. I've only just joined the Dreamcast scene less than a month ago. Thanx for the help.

for those that is having problems about the "no valid romset found on source file": see the rom names are matching with the names listed inside romrc file (use notepad for that). I'm planning to release a romcenter dat for aes4all until this weekend, so please be a bit more patient, this will probably help you to match your romsets

Thanx Shoometsu. Well that solves the "No valid romset found" problem. But can anybody help me get the Background music to work in Neo4all CD?

You need to have an exact copy of your original NeoGeoCD. It looks like this:

01. Data Track
    02. Audio Track 01
    27. Audio Track 26

A program I can recommend for ISO/CUE sheets would be Saturn Cuemaker. Google for it.

Ok thanx. Hopefully i can finaly figure this out. And thanx for all the other help you've given me. I owe you one chris.

Thread Information