Thread: [PS2] Lua Player Beta Released

Blog Entries

ps2 [PS2] Lua Player Beta Released

Evilo posted this news:

So, I think that despite all the current problems, this is the moment to release a first beta !

I'm only releasing the binary for now, as I still need to double-check the last modification I've done in the official SDK, commit them and then clean-up my code a little bit before putting it into the SVN

The player is almost compatible will all available lua games, and I started a compatibility thread at the froggies forum to report working games and/or required script modifications to make them working :
    http://www.psxdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126
    I aso opened a thread to report bugs and problems with the player, so I would thank you to use it in case you encounter any issues/problems you could have :
    http://www.psxdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141
    (The froggies forum is theorically a french forum, but I don't see any problems to post in english on the above threads, as nowadays we all understand and speak english more or less correctly!)

And finally, here is the first Beta version of the player :
    luaplayer_ps2_0.20_beta1.zip

plus (hoping that the original author will agree) the DrMario game modified to run on the PS2 :
    Dr. Mario 0.3_ps2_version.zip (the zip content has to be put under the "Applications" directory)

For information, I made the following changes to make DrMario running on the PS2 player :
    - updated script to Lua 5.1
    - remove pad:home()
    - replaced pad:note() by pad:triangle()

I also modified the Lowser script and inverted X and O buttons (so [X] is used to select a directory/games and [O] to go back)

Please also read carefully the README provided in the zip file for information, and once again consider this release as a real first Beta version !

I hope you'll enjoy it as I do

evilo.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

nice lua can be on ps2 now too

cool

PSN ID: splodger15

DCEmu Coder

how to i burn this onto a cd is there a specail format?want to know b4 i download it

DCEmu Old Pro

You run it like you run PS2 homebrew... If you have a mod chip and you burn a cd with the right files it will work, or you can research the "independence exploit".

Cloudy

i don't have a mod chip and im a psp homebrew person, so in simple terms how do i use this like how do i get it on a cd? do i need a mod chip?

Thread Information