Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roms directory (?)

DCEmu Newbie

Default roms directory (?)

Hello!
    I have my small collection of neo roms, and am wondering where to put these when burning neo4all -
    I made a 'roms' directory, but got an error (no CD.. looking in /cd)

Do the roms simply go in the root directory? or in a directory named 'cd' ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Default Re: roms directory (?)

NEO4ALL only loads NEOGEO CDROMS, emulate NEOGEO/CD; but we think loads roms at future.

DCEmu Newbie

Ahhh! Okay, thanks for the info!

DCEmu Coder

Great, I also just started adding it in the PS2 version (but most of what I've done is redesigning the source code to manage required changes). And all i've concretely done so far is to load the NG bios and make a dummy rom conversion to load it as a cd rom, but without success

just to say that as we are 3 people working in 3 different version (2 on DC, 1 on PS2) maybe it would be time to share stuff ... ? uh ?

Dream Coder

oddly enough, over the past few weeks ive been working on the same thing. Other than that ive been looking at 3 different emulator sources to help improve the current emulation status. Among other things I was able to get sound working in Aero Fighters 2 and 3. I also updated the sound cores (2610 and 8910) to the mame .92 versions
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

oh nice so it seems that everybody is planning to add rom support to neocd I'm, on my side, inspiring myself from the gngeo code (which is closer than mame to neocd). I'm currently trying to execute neobomberman (but I'm stuck on an exception generated at first 68000 execution...)

Elsem about the switch to last mame cores (0.92) did you noticed any speed increase/decrease ? Better sound quality/compatibility ?

Dream Coder

speed goes down, and i know I did something wrong because i get a lot of static, but the sound effects are all still there and sound more... arcade realistic, if that makes any sense. (the ones based on mame .36 seem very manufactured, or perfect, whereas actual arcade machines sound more rough).

If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

This is also what I noticed some times ago when I've used latest mame driver, but it seems also that the fm.h is less configurable than the 0.36 version (so some tricks to speed it up cannot be reused easily...)

so better to stay with the old one.. no ?

Dream Coder

well, if you're interested in speed, yes. For a while I had a semi-updated version, which mostly just had any values modified to the more accurate versions, without adding newer features ( one big feature is the ay8910's write enable register, which previously wasnt emulated. this makes sounds that are meant to be broken, like an explosion, sound more artificial).

anyways, i keep with the older version for now, in the long term it would nice to upgrade =P.

DCEmu Coder

hmm...

unfortunately c68k is working slower than the musashi core for me on the ps2, and cz80 is not working... (no sound output when I'm using it, and after comparing what i've done with your code and the one from chui everything seems to be fine in my interface), so yes : actually speed is my interest

So i prefer to sacrify sounds quality and keep these cycles to draw some more frames

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information