Thread: X-Flash

DCEmu Newbie

Default X-Flash

Hey, I really really want to do this to my psp...but everything warns me not to if I don't know how...and I don't. how do I do this? I don't want to just jump in an brick my psp.... if you could, would you give me a tutorial, either posted here or in my e-mail: [email protected] please ^^

what exactly do you want to do to your psp?

DCEmu Newbie

Ok. X-Flash is a pretty stable program that can do a lot of cool stuff to your PSP. The problem is, it does flash to the PSP. No matter what, there is a risk that you can brick your PSP. With that in mind, I have flashed my PSP over a dozen times in today alone, and have had no troubles. Just make sure you have a clean firmware 1.5 (if you have 1.5, it is recommended you downgrade or upgrade, then update or downgrade), then install X-Flash. Also, know what you're doing, please. Read every guide you can. I was so scared the first time I did it so I read through t least 20 Google pages full of guides, until I was positive on how to do it. Then, I opened up all the guides I could, to make sure I was doing it correctly! Again, it's stable, and if you know what you're doing, it should be fine. Remember to have a good, clean 1.5, and the AC Adapter in. Also, make sure your thinking cap's switch is on the "on" position.

Putting it on your PSP serves no risk, but actually using it does. Just copy the folders into your game section, and read guides on how to change gameboot, font, ect. Be safe!

P.S. I hope to put up some X-Flash tutorials on my site. soon. Stay tuned for those.

DCEmu Newbie

you see, I wanted to have different sound FX, for the booting and navigating the home menu, and the whole "new animation" on the psp logo when you choose a game or something.

Just to let you know, the gameboot is the one thing people mess up their PSP's with on X-Flash. Usually from putting bad gameboots on there. :P

DCEmu Newbie

True that. Make sure somebody else has tested it first (why brick yours?), and do it properly. If you do it correctly, it should all go well.

Install a custom firmware if you want to make your psp brick proof.

-!-
    /\

DCEmu Newbie

All right I got the gameboot in, and a whole different theme flashed in (final fantasy) but I want to make it complete, how do I change the sound FX in the main menu? I want it to be Final Fantasy Menu sounds...

you can't change the sound effects in the main menu

DCEmu Newbie

Changing the sound effects in the main menu is possible but only certain effects such as errors while trying to click on corrupt data etc

Thread Information