Microsoft has confirmed that it is working on "really exciting" cloud features for Xbox 360.
Speaking at GDC China over the weekend, reported by Gamasutra, Microsoft's "cloud evangelist" Brian Prince, said: "You will be seeing things in the Xbox platform that are cloud-specific. I'm already doing it, it's really exciting, but I can't tell you about it or else I'll get fired."
While Prince didn't go into details, his comments on existing cloud platforms like OnLive and Gaikai hint at Microsoft's thinking. "These are really gaming platforms as a service," he said. "There are some limitations here, but I really do think this is the distant future of gaming in the cloud."
Said limitations include a "focus on triple-A PC titles"; the requirement for high-speed internet access; and user metrics. "You lose a little bit about how people are finding and playing your game, which can be important," he said. "And this is yet another publisher you have to deal with…another contract you have to sign."
Microsoft announced cloud storage of Xbox 360 saves in June, a sign of its intent to keep pace with Sony, which introduced the feature for PlayStation Plus members earlier this year.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/microso...cloud-features