Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadband to Dialup Program

Lightbulb Broadband to Dialup Program

Ok I have an old dreamcast but sadly (for this purpose) I Have broadband. And I was really mad when I found out how much a broadband adapter is So I then began to research other ways to get a dial-up connection to my dreamcast. I found just about nothing. I then began to think what if it would be possible to make a program for a pc that had a modem and a broadband connection to convert the broadband to dial up connection look alike ,per-say, for the dreamcast. Again I found nothing. Maybe I was looking in the wrong play or It doesn't exist. Well anyway do you know where I could find such a program(or something like it)?

I remember seeing something on how to do so, but it sounds kinda complicated. Search google for it, I don't remember the site.

It is very very hard with Windows XP. Good luck

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

CAPTAIN AWESOME (aka 1timeuser) told me on irc last night that he got it running on XP, but yeah its harder on XP

I am probably going to try to get it to work soon just for the heck of it.

the DC2PC link is not even worth it. It would be better if software was made to allow or expect the connection comming in and allow that also to get a DC online with BBA/LAN exclusive online games.

im not gonna perform surgery on a phone cord then frankenboost its power just for 34k anyway.

DCEmu Newbie

the link can save on phone bills, so im giving it a shot. anyone got it to work, im still confused about the winroute and plugging the line from the dc to the pc modem. do you let it connect to the isp then swap or swap once it rings?

Quote Originally Posted by donj
    the link can save on phone bills, so im giving it a shot. anyone got it to work, im still confused about the winroute and plugging the line from the dc to the pc modem. do you let it connect to the isp then swap or swap once it rings?
    Protip: Unlimited phone service.

Its not any harder at all on windows xp, you just need to make a voltage line inducer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information