Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark_Alex 2.71 Special Edition - Revision A custom firmware Released

You dont need to update and downgrade it does not make a difference DA said this over at maxconsole aswell.

-!-
    /\

DCEmu Newbie

Recovery doesn't work. It's an official brick. I know what one looks like. My only hope for this PSP is UP. Which I'll get soon enough. In the meantime, I still want to try on my other PSP (of course I'll upgrade then downgrade first) then i'll try it. Just to be safe, I wouldn't mind some 'help' @ [email protected] so I don't do this again.

DCEmu Rookie

hey, this only work on 1.5 right?
    this means that i must stick to emualted 1.5 devhook right now

yeah... but you can downgrade to 1.50:S
    with the downgrader

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Snoppydude
    Recovery doesn't work. It's an official brick. I know what one looks like. My only hope for this PSP is UP. Which I'll get soon enough. In the meantime, I still want to try on my other PSP (of course I'll upgrade then downgrade first) then i'll try it. Just to be safe, I wouldn't mind some 'help' @ [email protected] so I don't do this again.
    Although people have said it doesn't make a difference whether custom firmware is installed, it does if you run the dumper while custom firmware is installed. It is best to remove all flash mods before you run the dumper, as then only 1.5 will be there without any mods.

A suggested warning to all about to try it:

Reinstall firmware 1.5 cleanly first, either by upgrading to 2.71 and running the generic firmware downgrader (which by the way, formats the flash0 first like an official sony update) or changing the psp version to 1.0 using a tool, and using recovery mode in the custom firmware to run the 1.5 EBOOT. That way you are ensured a clean 1.5.

Cloudy

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc3stripe
    yeah... but you can downgrade to 1.50:S
    with the downgrader
    Unless he has a TA-082.

DCEmu Newbie

My other PSP has Harleyg's custom firmware on it. Could I use the recovery mode to fake 1.00 and install 1.50 straight from the recovery menu?

DCEmu Art Pro

cool. have harleygs v2 custom firmware but this sounds cool. im not sure.

It worked fine for me. Its basically a 2.7 that plays all homebrew. I had a custom firmware installed but I uninstalled it with the Undo custom firmware program first(this was before i found out it didnt matter if you had a custom firware of not). It didnt brick, no files got currupt, it seems perfectly fine.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar
    Okay, still nobody has laid out what benefits this provides.

Please anyone, why would anyone want to use this? I don't pretend to be smarter than Dark_AleX so this must have some great benefits if it was developed, but what? And for who?

Is this for 1.50 firmware users or 2.71 firmware users?

Or more simply, what makes this better than using DevHook on a 1.50 to fully emulate 2.71 firmware? Alls you need to do is press HOME + START to return to 1.50 firmware.

If someone can more accurately describe who this is best suited for I'd really appreciate it.

i think that this is a firmware 2.71 with 1.5 funktionality or u can say it s 1.5 with webbrowser and rss feed and all 2.71 feature

but i didnt try it yet

This is very interesting, and obviuosly a huge break through for the homebrew scene. But I think I'm cool for now. With 0x89 around the corner, and with this custom firmware still in it's infancy, it's still too early to make any huge decisions like this. I'll just sit back and watch things unfold a little longer...

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information