Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: gpSP 0.8 - Gameboy Advance Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Regular

As I was just discussing on a different forum I have found that when I use the correct and verified Bios from my own GBA hardware, the Roll ability in Minish Cap does not work but when I tried a different Bios which has a slightly different CRC and starts with 14 instead of 18 in the Hex Editor (First 32 bytes), the Roll ability mysteriously works in Minish Cap

14 00 00 EA 04 00 00 EA 4A 00 00 EA 02 00 00 EA

01 00 00 EA 00 00 00 EA 40 00 00 EA 98 D1 9F E5

I tried all of my games in zip files and they didn't work. Only when I unzipped them did they work at all. KH froze with an unzipped rom. This is what led me to beleive that this emulator didn't support .zip files.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon
    I tried all of my games in zip files and they didn't work. Only when I unzipped them did they work at all. KH froze with an unzipped rom. This is what led me to beleive that this emulator didn't support .zip files.

I found exactly the same until I used Winrar to zip all of my roms instead of using Winzip.

By the way, try the Euro version of Kingdom Hearts.

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone gotten past the final boss in the Temple of Droplets in Zelda the minish cap?

My game keeps getting the blue screen crash right as i begin to fight him.

DCEmu Newbie

could kingdom hearts not working be because of my bios file?? it is the european version

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
    An even easier way to check your BIOS is just add it to a WinRAR archive, then open the archive and check the CRC32 column. If you have the bad BIOS the CRC32 value should be 15E1F676, but if you have the clean dump the CRC32 value is 81977335.
    i have to disagree with you on that, i have the supposed "bad" dump, and all of the games i have work great, even the US version of KH CoM

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lodis
    As I was just discussing on a different forum I have found that when I use the correct and verified Bios from my own GBA hardware, the Roll ability in Minish Cap does not work but when I tried a different Bios which has a slightly different CRC and starts with 14 instead of 18 in the Hex Editor (First 32 bytes), the Roll ability mysteriously works in Minish Cap

14 00 00 EA 04 00 00 EA 4A 00 00 EA 02 00 00 EA

01 00 00 EA 00 00 00 EA 40 00 00 EA 98 D1 9F E5
    Yeah I noticed roll doesn't work in Zelda with the "good" bios too. (I didn't dump them myself, I got them from somebody else) Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
    Yeah I noticed roll doesn't work in Zelda with the "good" bios too. (I didn't dump them myself, I got them from somebody else) Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    same exact thing, "bad" bios lets you roll, "good" bios doesn't. Very strange, but I can understand the differences in the bios and hopefully it will be fixed. Thank you so much exophase for all your hard work and dedication through it all. Now if only there was a snes in jit, that would be amazing.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey i have a problem guys.......ive been trying to play DBZ buu's fury, and after i press start at the start screen i cant get further it says select a file but when i press any button nothing happens.....seems a little similar to the gras cutting problem in Minish cap....can anyone help me.........the other DBZ's work flawlessy though.

awesome, just downloaded, its my first download with hi speed internet, gonna try out this baby!

Thread Information