Thread: My 2.71 SE-A tips & tricks INCLUDING IRSHELL FIX

Default My 2.71 SE-A tips & tricks INCLUDING IRSHELL FIX

Hello all

this is given that you have already gotten the 1.50 and 2.71 update eboot.pbp and renamed them to 150.pbp and 271.pbp and ran the program to create the flash file and flashed it to your psp and was successful.

now, the first thing is, hold R and turn on your psp to get into the "recovery mode" window. from here, you can go to configuration and you can hide corrupt icons.

but why are there still corrupt icons?

full credit for this fix does go to the maxconsole forums, ill just simplify it.

the first thing you want to do is to seperate your 2.xx homebrew and your 1.00/1.50 homebrew. the 2.xx homebrew goes into ms0:/psp/game and 1.00/1.50 homebrew goes into ms0:/psp/game150

i have attached "psp-brew". i recommend opening it, and clicking the third button down inside the program on the right side, that says "convert 1.50 -> 1.00"
    convert all of your xxxxx and xxxxx% homebrew to just xxxxx with this....select each eboot.pbp where applicable, click "convert pbp", save it back in the xxxxx folder (and yes, you want to overwrite), and delete the % folders!

once thats done, make a list of all of your homebrew. make a seperate list of your 1.00/1.50 and your 2.xx homebrew.

in the xmb, scroll through your homebrew and any homebrew that shows up, cross off the list. most likely you will be left with anywhere from 3-10 homebrews that show up as "corrupt" icons.

i have seen irshell actually show up but fail to run...wether or not it shows up, this process is necessary for irshell.

download "PBP Unpacker" below. choose wether you want to do your 2.xx homebrew first or your 1.00/1.50 homebrew first. whichever you pick, find a homebrew that DOES show up on your xmb and open it through PBP Unpacker. Extract the files somewhere. find the files, and save the PARAM.SFO.

now, open up a homebrew that shows up as "corrupt" in PBP Unpacker. Extract it somewhere.

Click New. Add all files that were extracted in their proper place except place the PARAM.SFO from the working homebrew in there. Save the pbp and overwrite the "broken" homebrew.

last but not least, download "pbp setting", load the eboot.pbp of the previously "broken" homebrew, and rename the title, and simply save it and overwrite again!

continue this process for all of the homebrew in that particular set, wether it be 2.xx or 1.50/1.00. once thats done, delete the sfo's, find a working homebrew from the other set, and repeat the process!

-----------

other misc tips:
    devhook 0.45 will still load 1.50 up fine. however, loading up 2.71, either flash or emulated, will load up fine....but all the homebrew in "game150" folder will appear gone.

currently there is no way to load custom prx's on bootup....but im sure in the next edition, there will be.

to sort homebrew:
    using any psp sorting tool (like psp content manager), first decide wether you want your 1.00/1.50 homebrew on top or your 2.xx homebrew on top...whichever one you want on top, do that one LAST. the other one, make sure the folder is named "GAME" (if you are sorting 1.50/1.00, temporarily rename "GAME" to "GAME2xx" and rename "GAME150" to "GAME")

use your content manager to sort them to your liking, and then rename the folders back and sort the other format of homebrew....once thats done, rename all folders back to normal...and bang! sorted!

----

hopefully this will help some ppl

and this was done exclusively for DCEmu!! cheers!!

Just use appman it will organise them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    Just use appman it will organise them.
    even tho they are in different folders now?

Ive had sooo much trouble with IRshell that I gave up on it.....
    first off it doesnt wana play my music while playing my umd games,
    this message keeps annoying me saying if i want to run some homebrew app?

im using the latest beta made for the coding competition

www.irshell.com download the final version why doncha

Ty sir

bump ^^^ check edit for directions on sorting homebrew

I found an awesome IR SHELL mod. My music works fine with UMD's, even at 333. Plus it has other cool features. Unfortunatley this mod also allows a feature not allowed to be talked about on these forums. If anyone wants it, email me at: [email protected]

And kando- thanks for the 2.71 SE tips

Thread Information