Thread: Sony to Release Details on PSP / PS3 Interaction Soon

Blog Entries

psp Sony to Release Details on PSP / PS3 Interaction Soon

News Via Gamepro

Sony told Reuters that it's planning to release new details on the interaction between the PlayStation 3 and its portable PSP system soon.

PSP: There's good news and there's bad news
    Though Sony mentioned that new details concerning PS3/PSP cross-compatibility are coming, it offered no new details.

Sony also told Reuters that the company has no plans for any PSP price drops this year, but that it expects as many as 110 new titles by the end of 2006. The new game releases would bring the total number of PSP games to 230, Sony said.

"We don't necessarily see the need to cut the price," Sony Computer Entertainment product manager John Koller told Reuters.

there will be lots of crappy games (i mean the ones that will have good graphics but no gameplay) being released for ps3 i presume...i hope they will improve gaming by making original titles not only continuing sequels.

what r u talking about, good games are coming out also, ya so the majority of games are bad, but about 20 percent of them are good, unlike the ps2's 50-50 lol

Resistance fall of man is a great game...its basicly halo =P

as for other things, do you think we could stream psp games/programs/homebrew from the ps3 harddrive to the psp?
    If we could homebew can become more powerful because it would be emulated on the ps3 not the psp...

Yeah, that makes sense... PS3 powered apps streamed to the PSP would be the next big thing...

do you know if your going have to upgrade your psp because i all ready preorder and prebought my ps3 if so that will suck i dont have anoght money to buy another psp and dont want to upgrade it but will if i have to any feed back would be appricated.(know spellings bad not entering spelling be)

DCEmu Regular

Did you see it?! Did you SEE IT?!?

"We don't necessarily see the need to cut the price"

*necessarily*

They are going to cut the Price! They are totally about to cave!

Up until now, if you've been paying attention, Sony's one and only line has been that the PSP will not have it's price cut. They been staunchly saying that they're Memory-card /Movie more then make up for the high cost. But now they are saying it's a possibility! Clearly they are seeing that it's the PSP's price, and NOTHING ELSE, that's keeping it out of the hands of the consumer.

First they see that UMD Movies *CAN* sell great if priced $10 or less. Then they hear from all of these websites and analysts that a PSP price cut could allow the PSP to once again dominate the handheld market. Right now there's probably a raging battle in Sony's game division about the PSP's price. And it looks like the Price-Drop camp is gaining ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Zero
    what r u talking about, good games are coming out also, ya so the majority of games are bad, but about 20 percent of them are good, unlike the ps2's 50-50 lol
    hey man,everybody knows there are good titles aswell so my point was there are lots of average and below that quality games i don't really need to play.everyone loves ico,sotc,ff,re,sotc,gta,okami etc,
    personally i must play re5.take care.

Thread Information