Thread: Cave Story Coming to PSP Soon

Blog Entries

psp Cave Story Coming to PSP Soon

Info from the Official site:

Waking up in a mysterious, unfamiliar cavern with no memory of who he is, a young boy delves into the rocky tunnels in search of clues to his wherabouts and his identity. Meanwhile, a mad doctor makes use of an enchanted crown to enslave a race of rabbit-like creatures, known as Mimigas.

As the boy travels through the cave, searching for an exit, he meets Sue, a mimiga unlike all the others. Soon he is caught up in an adventure beyond imagination as the fate of both human and mimiga races hang in the balance.

A vast adventure spanning a large free-roaming environment!
    Multiple endings!
    Tons of hidden areas, secret items and weapons!

The game is coming in 2007, more details HERE.

Omg, i cant wait for this to come out on PSP. Very very fun game. I didnt even get to beat it, it was so hard . Cant wait ^^

Edit: oh! its a UMD? i though it was just going to be a port D: , if its not like the origenal Cave stroy for PC. maybe i wont play T~T

DCEmu Rookie

OMFG. Is this going to bigger (and longer) than the free version that came out for the PC?

DCEmu Regular

I hope this project sees the light of day, but given the developer's track record I'm not too optimistic. Another thing, I read about this on another forum several months ago and one of the posters said that Pixel (The guy who developed Cave Story) never gave them permission to turn this into a commercial product. So until we get more info on this I'm not getting my hopes up.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
    I hope this project sees the light of day, but given the developer's track record I'm not too optimistic. Another thing, I read about this on another forum several months ago and one of the posters said that Pixel (The guy who developed Cave Story) never gave them permission to turn this into a commercial product. So until we get more info on this I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Yeah I was just going to ask if anyone had heard an update on what was posted on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_story

Handheld versions

Variant Interactive announced on 27 March 2006 that they were developing a version of Doukutsu Monogatari for the PSP.[1] However, shortly after the announcement, Pixel himself said that he had not given them permission to develop a port,[2] and the status of the project is currently unknown. The lead manager at Variant says he is still discussing terms with Pixel.[3][4]

Variant have apparently posted a very heated reply to those that read Pixels Livejournal where he said he hadn't sold the rights on and interpreted this as Variant stealing the game.

However if Pixel isn't going to get anything for what is his own creation you can bet I won't be buying it.

cave story was an excellent game... PSP version would be nice but i bet pixel is gonna keep his ground about keeping the game as freeware for the PC and not let any cost come to it for PSP and varient will have to quit on the project

This is old news.

Thread Information