I Am Alive creative director Stanislas Mettra has plainly stated that PC piracy makes the financial viability of the game on the platform uncertain. Ubisoft previously announced the downloadable title was only planned for consoles.

"We've heard loud and clear that PC gamers are bitching about there being no version for them," Mettra said to IncGamers. "But are these people just making noise just because there's no version or because it's a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?"

Mettra continued that if 50,000 PC players buy the game it's not worth the cost of putting a team of 12 on the project for three months. He continued, "It's hard because there's so much piracy and so few people are paying for PC games that we have to precisely weigh it up against the cost of making it."

Since I Am Alive runs on the Splinter Cell: Conviction engine, it could be ported to PC, but it's pretty clear that Ubisoft's relationship with PC players has become contentious, bordering on combative. It wouldn't be surprising if I Am Alive comes to PC some day, but it'll take longer than the standard one month delay.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/23/i-...racy-concerns/