Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pspectrum - Spectrum emulator for the Psp

psp Pspectrum - Spectrum emulator for the Psp

Here's the latest information regarding this excellent Spectrum emulator for the Psp.

HexDump the coder of the fantastic Spectrum emulator has posted this update on his website.

Hi all,

As you may know, Im back again. I have little time to work in pspectrum, so, a new version will come out but not soon. Ive opened this thread to let you all talk about several topics of the new version like:

x New GUI system (old is ungly and somehow uncomfortable (is this the right word?).
    x New Features (not included things like new hardware support like +3, but things like several savestates for each game, etc..)

I would like to hear having bugs, etc, for example:

x Sound problems/glitches.
    x Emulator slowdowns.
    x Games not working (well this is something related to fuse).

etc...

I have some news too, related to pspectrum legality. I have been talking with the other coder of the engine I using for pspectrum called MGE (he is the main coder and a friend of mine, I just added some classes to the engine) and he accepted to let me publish full pspectrum sources. We made a deal, we will clean MGE code and release the engine to the community before pspectrum is released and then I will be able to release pspectrum that uses a modified version of MGE, the one I coded to let MGE support 3D psp hardware and other goodies.

Hope everybody will be happy now with a new pspectrum version in the horizont,

HexDump

So if you have found any bugs or know of any problems please let HexDump know by visiting the forums at his website.

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/...m/homeeng.html

DCEmu Regular

Fantastic news!

DCEmu Newbie

Thats great! im glad some of you guys remember the good old days of back to school ect .one of the best emulators full stop. good work fella...

DCEmu Newbie

does this emulate the original spectrum or one of the later 80s models?

Quote Originally Posted by jguba7892
    does this emulate the original spectrum or one of the later 80s models?
    all speccys were madein the 80s hehe.

it emulates the original sinclair 48k machine, the sinclair 128k machine and the Amstrad-made +2 128k machine.

i am hoping one day it might support the +3 as well, allowing for .dsk use, but this may be a while away.

there is already a version avaible on this site, its just been out of development for a while!

p.s. i could have posted this new earlier! just wasnt convinced anyone would be that interested!
    stilll... i can rely on SmashingGit

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Horace
    p.s. i could have posted this new earlier! just wasnt convinced anyone would be that interested!
    stilll... i can rely on SmashingGit
    I PMed SmashinGit with the thread from PSpectrum but didnt even think of posting it

Who doesnt love the Spectrum by the way??? Without it (and Sir Clive) we wouldnt have our LCD screens and home computers

This is great news - Its already a superb emulator so it can only get better

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666
    Who doesnt love the Spectrum by the way???
    the massive number of nintendo (GBA, SNES, N64) fanboys who seem to own a PSP.

Without it (and Sir Clive) we wouldnt have our LCD screens and home computers

This is great news - Its already a superb emulator so it can only get better
    preaching to the converted

well... hardly converted lol - i might as well have been born crawling onto the annoying Q-Z-I-P rubber keyed button combo of Horace Goes Skiing!

Hi! Somehow I can't register in that site forum, so I'll just have to put this request here, hoping that some caring soul would carry this to the developer... I have one of the earlier Jap psp's which have really fragile square button... To see if it is possible to use the analog controller and other button to use as standart Kepston Joystick. I really like the spectrum, but using it with those d pad diagonals sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Castelo
    Hi! Somehow I can't register in that site forum, so I'll just have to put this request here, hoping that some caring soul would carry this to the developer... I have one of the earlier Jap psp's which have really fragile square button... To see if it is possible to use the analog controller and other button to use as standart Kepston Joystick. I really like the spectrum, but using it with those d pad diagonals sucks...

what version are you using? the kempston setting is the only thing that DOES work on the analogue stick!

dont get the version from the original site (not sure why smashinggit posted that link and not the forum itself!)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26782

has the last release version.

btw, although the forum is spanish, cant see any reason why you wouldnt be able to register!

If the next version doesn't have this option, i'm happy to make a mod as he releases his code to use the a different button instead of the square.
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information