Thread: The NEO2-SD Flash Cart Review

Blog Entries

NDS The NEO2-SD Flash Cart Review

A few days ago i was sent a NEO2-SD Flash Cart for review by the kind people at Neoflash & IC2005.

Now this is a Flash Cart like no other, yeah its got features others have but luckily no converting games to play on it and the big sellling factor is the future capabilitys it posseses, this flashcart will be used as storage in the Upcoming Snes, Nintendo64 and Megadrive/32x Flash Carts.

So yeah this is a pretty big deal.

Read the full review (revision 1) of the NEO2-SD Flash Cart Here

hmm.. that's a bit of a suck up review if i may say so .. you'll have to be more ojective dude .. first you say it support everything then it does't and then it does it again and yet again it don't .. i really don't follow you ;S i heard about NEO Flash making n64 & snes didn't know about the mega drive .. also didn't know that that thing would be supporting them .. i what way i'm not sure and if it is how i think you say .. then that sure is a strange way of doing it .. ;S anyway i think you should reread your own review and maybe change some of it .. that's just my 2 cent .. anyway keep up the work.. :/

Did you do the review Wraggster?

Im thinking of getting the NEO2 Lite 512M Flash Cart...whats your opinion on it?

http://www.ubid.com//cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-n2l512

DCEmu Newbie

Totally not a good review in all honesty... I agree with Qazza. It's either a good launch or a bad launch, and GBA not working, NDS games crashing makes it really bad. And judging from the past, how can you even consider that it "will get better with time". Their old carts are pretty much abandonned...

You also missed some important aspects. How does the SD fit in the cart itself? How does the cart fit in the DS/DSL? Is it a smooth or tight fit?

You also got to be more precise when you say "the games that work, work beautifully". Did you try Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow? If it actually works, does the intro video stutter? Did you try Animal Crossing? If it actually works, are there hickups when going in/out of a house?

And how about homebrew support? Is it working well? Are FAT libs in the work or already out?

It's missing a lot of juicy stuff...

DCEmu Newbie

Knowing the support they give to their products (MK1 anyone?) this is a no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraggster
    Overall i would give it a 9 /10 , the ultimate idea for a flash cart and once they sort out the GBA mode and the compatibility of DS games then this could be the Nintendo DS flash cart of the year..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraggster
    If i had to recommend a Decent Flash cart for your DS lite then this is one of the best especially if you have used Supercard Before, like everything in life it takes a bit of getting used to and make sure you buy a decent sized Micro SD Card but once you do you will be set. The added bonus of having a cart that fits snugly into your console shouldnt be ignored.
    Overall i give the Supercard DS Lite and Passcard 3 9/10
    This makes absolutely no sense to me.
    I guess that means the Supercard and M3 flashcarts and adapters SHOULD get 10/10 since they actually include WORKING GBA ROM EMULATION as well as working in either a DS or GBA/GBM.
    Oh no, wait...you gave the Supercard Lite a 9/10 too and it currently does MORE on the DS than this Neo Frankenstein thing.
    Also, it looks like instead of having a PC-based patcher, they just rig the firmware on the cart itself to support running clean dumps. Of course that means you STILL have to keep the cart updated, pretty much the same as making sure you have a software PC-based patcher program updated.
    And of course it supports all those cards since any one of them will work in it when you put them in an SD adapter!
    And why no pic of what it actually looks like when inserted into the DS? I noticed that when you took the pic you didn't pull back a little more to show that. Could have taken a second pic of that you know...
    This cart - like most if not all Neo-Flash products - will wind up blowing goats on the DS in the long run.

Dcemu Coder

Dudes...i got a mk3 since allmost 7 months...there was just one or 2 firmware updates...They allways promiss 100% support and dont even support homebrew as well. The mk3 is a bitch with mp3 players and plays about 20 commercial roms...But it cost more then other flashcards...noone knows why. Supercard has build-in 32MB RAM and costs less...

Thread Information