Bubble2k has released a new version of his Snes emulator for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:
DS-specific Fixes and Features:
- Overhauled the graphics engine to make use of the DS VRAM
(most games have less graphical glitches now)
- Implemented Mosaic effect.
- Aligned the SNES ROM to 64KB boundary.
(Chrono Trigger now works like Snezziboy on the DS)
- Modified Snezzi builder to allow building of 32Kbyte ROMs.
(32Kbyte Demos seem to work fine noW)
- Reallocated memory to various parts of the ITCM/DTCM/VRAM
- Implemented line-by-line mechanism for the following graphic registers:
- - Horizontal/Vertical scroll offsets
- - background disable/enable (hide/show)
- - tilemap address
- - screen brightness
- - screen transparency
- - screen mode (allows mid-frame switch between screen mode 1-6 to screen mode 7 and back)
(does not support mid-frame switch between modes 1-6 to modes 1-6)
(Chrono Trigger works fairly well aside from backgruond priority issues,
which causes any game screen that has a warp zone to fill up with white/blue circles, 16x16 tiles are still not supported)
- - Mode 7 rotate/scaling registers
(F-Zero is playable!)
- Fixed Megaman7/XMen speed problems by protecting the ROM region, and allowing only Read access. (Previous it was allowing Read/Write access)
- Implemented delayed NMI/IRQ triggered. NMI/IRQs are now triggered 4 SNES clock cycles after the point in which they are fired.
(Chrono Trigger intro now gets past the Courtroom Trial Scene, and possibly some other lock ups)
- Fixed a bug with the writing to register $211A
(Contra 3 title screen/Castlevania 4's bridge now works again)
- Fixed a bug when reading from $2137 register that causes the horizontal and vertical counters to latch incorrectly.
- Fixed a critical bug with the MVP instruction to load the source and destination banks in the correct order.
- Fixed a critical bug with the MVP instruction to decrement the X and Y registers per move (previously it was incrementing the X and Y registers.
- Revised the per scanline timing downwards:
FastROM: 227 cycles
SlowROM: 200 cycles (???)
- Fixed the 16-bit decimal mode SBC to subtract correctly; operand was previously incorrectly set up
(Knights of the Round no longer gets stuck at the score countdown screen)
- Fixed computation of the Mode 7 registers to the GBA's/DS's rotation modes.
(Super Soccer's intro where the ball flies toward the screen shows up
Download and Give Feedback and Compability Reports Via Comments