Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free independent movie download for PSP

Blog Entries

psp Free independent movie download for PSP

News Via PSPVault

A Bangkok based independent movie producer has made us US$250,000 budget movie available as a free download in PSP format.

www.killingtime-24-7.com

Bangkok based independent film director, John Lamond Jnr, a PSP fanatic, decided he would like to do something revolutionary in response to the “changing by the minute” nature of international film distribution and its delivery methods.

“Every day the rules seem to change,” says Lamond, “so I decided to step completely outside the box and share my movie, for free, with other PSP users – actually we’ve set up a donation button on the website, but it’s totally voluntary.”

So now his production company, Sukhumvit Films, is releasing a free version of their independent movie, “Killing Time 24/7”, for download to all PSP users.

“Killing Time (24/7)” is a dark day in the life of a young Asian hit-man.

With mature content, the movie is aimed at an older crowd.

“The anti-hero of the film, Jake, escapes the reality of being a hit-man by kind of fooling himself that he is living within a video game. This, together with the fact that a large proportion of PSP users are mature, led me to the conclusion that releasing the movie as a free PSP download would potentially enable me to connect with my target audience – with the kind of people who I hope would be interested in the film and it’s themes.”

“Anyway, I’m a huge fan of the PSP – I carry mine everywhere with me – and I thought it would just be a cool thing to do.”

The KT247 website, www.killingtime-24-7, has been updated, and now offers free downloadable versions of the trailer and the movie specifically formatted to play on PSP units.

BRAVE OR FOOLISH?

“No, just a new and different method to launch a movie!”

Many TV viewers purchase their own DVD copy of a film or TV programme, even though they have already watched it for free on TV.

“I believe we can make quite an impact and this release will certainly provide us with valuable feedback direct from our target audience… and hopefully we might even earn a few dollars,” says Lamond.

Shot in 9 days on location in Bangkok, Thailand, on Sony HD, the film is currently being prepared for DVD release in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

A boxed DVD version of the movie with extra bonus features, will shortly be available to purchase via the Sukhumvit Films website.

Very Interesting

nice! im downloading as we speak....we need to see more of this ^_^

kando, tell me if it's worth the dl after you've tried it

i may not get around to watching it for a day or 2, but i will post a review after i watch it

DCEmu Rookie

It's nice that he is sharing it for free.

The part about a hitman thinking he is only part of a video game concerns me though. We don't need more attention.
    I better get my liberal crybaby armor on!

Quote Originally Posted by Broonale
    It's nice that he is sharing it for free.

The part about a hitman thinking he is only part of a video game concerns me though. We don't need more attention.
    I better get my liberal crybaby armor on!
    /\ /\ Hadnt thought of that Bugger...! If youve got the armour Ill grab the fiery sword of common sense!

I think its a nifty idea Lets hope this type of thing continues

DCEmu Rookie

Well its great to see a free legal full movie download but its takes to long to download.....

DCEmu Art Pro

thats a cool idea im gona make one.
    on a budget of £10!
    but really this guy spent £250000 to make a film to be distributed for free!

Quote Originally Posted by S34MU5
    thats a cool idea im gona make one.
    on a budget of £10!
    but really this guy spent £250000 to make a film to be distributed for free!
    If its a great deal of publicity for him, his films, and his company then $250,000 is a pretty sweet deal Plus theres potential DVD sales there too for people who want it on the large screen PLUS he'll get a mention as the pioneer when anyone else does this Theres a savvy publicist somewhere who thought of this

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666
    If its a great deal of publicity for him, his films, and his company then $250,000 is a pretty sweet deal Plus theres potential DVD sales there too for people who want it on the large screen PLUS he'll get a mention as the pioneer when anyone else does this Theres a savvy publicist somewhere who thought of this
    I'm not too sure, $250,000 is alot of money and there is no guarantee that doing this would recoup that cash. However i think it's great and if this does lead to some sort new distribution model then he deserves all the plaudits he gets. I really hope to see more of this!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information