Thread: TV Isn't Broken, So Why Fix It?

Blog Entries

Default TV Isn't Broken, So Why Fix It?

PolygamousRanchKid sends this quote from a contentious article at CNN that questions the need for further development of TVs and the entire TV-viewing experience."The technology industry is absolutely bent on reinventing television. ... But nobody seems to be able to answer the big question: what exactly is so broken about TV anyway? The tech industry is filled with engineers and geeks. They naturally want to optimize the TV experience, to make it as efficient and elegant as possible, requiring the fewest number of steps to complete a particular task while offering the greatest number of amazing new features. But normal people don't think about TV that way. TV is passive. The last thing we want to do is work at it. ... As long as there's something on — anything — that is reasonably engaging, we're cool. Most of us are even OK spending a few minutes just shuffling through channels at random."So, what do you think is broken about TV right now? Is there a point at which it'd be better for us to stand back and say: "We've done what we can with this. Let's work on something else.

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/st...-so-why-fix-it

DCEmu Regular

The people writing that article are obviously the sort that just sat there shivering in a cave while everyone else was moving into mud huts, because i think 3D with glasses is nothing but a fad and proof of that is even the Japanese have almost given up on it, because where recently they had whole sections of stores dedicated to 3DTVs now it's just the occasional set mixed in with the normal stock, but this is all about evolution and soon we might have glasses free 3D as standard, then that'll lead to layered TVs with actual depth to the picture then maybe we all gonna have our own Holodeck, and to me technology is like war where invention comes out of necessity.

DCEmu Newbie

can't agree more.

DCEmu Newbie

I think you should exchange your TV with mine and lets see then how well you do with my not so broken TV that doesn't need to get fixed.

Thread Information