Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] news about Psx-P

Default [WIP] news about Psx-P

Automatic Translation from my french news:
    (Original is here: http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?na...rder=0&thold=0)

For recall, PSX-P is an emulator intended to emulate the PS1 of Sony. It is a bearing of PCsx

What's up doc ?

The emulator with known, since beta 1, a certain number of modifications. Graphics were improved and slightly improved speed. The black spot more irritating remains the incompatibility of the vidéos which block with launching (as in FFVII for example). Several ways are explored in order to solve this problem but remain temporarily without exits. If not, a new programmer has just joined the team and proposed to program Dynarec for Psx-P. A good thing bus Dark_Alex seems very occupied finalizing its Firmware 2.71SE.

With when a public release?

Wraggster, the webmaster of DCemu, stated to have received, on behalf of the creator of Pcsx an email requiring of him to withdraw the version beta 1 of Psx-P of its waiters because the release did not respect the charter GPL to which the original version of PCsx is subjected. The other US sites followed this action on the only faith of the declaration of Wraggster. The crime was worth at least the electric chair: the release contained neither the NFO (file containing the greetings and other detail of the release) nor the sources.

Only odd thing, on the site of PCsx, one of the authors however specifies, in a post on this subject, that nothing can oblige Yoshihiro required its sources because the project remains in spite of very Open Source. It also specifies that this case is far from being isolated.

Another polemic left the site of PSPUpdate: PCsx would be dangerous because he writes in the flash. Rumour contradicted by the admins of QJ as of the shortly after the publication with all the excuses of use.

Never the exit of an emulator will not have known as many attacks to try to discredit it. A contrario no emulator homebrew will have made it tower of the ground also quickly. Its arrival with same exceeded sites PSP while being announced on almost all the sites treating of the numerical topicality.

And yet, PACMANFAN had already published a first test carried, him also, of PCsx. Only flat, in addition to one year of development its emulator remained well in on this side that of Yoshihiro at the end of one month of work.

On this subject, moreover, I let to you look by you even a fact which can only illustrate the unjust attitude of some towards Yoshihiro. PACMANFAN forever releasé officially its sources with its emulator and forever known as either that it was a bearing of PCsx. Then why Wraggster and his/her friends they did not create same prohibition and the same polemic? Yes, why? With same cause, even effect would seem logical to me. If you do not believe me, go on QJ and type PACMANFAN in seeking or look at NEWS 1, NEWS2, NEWS 3 (the Net does not forget anything as said one among you in a comment on our forum).

This is just used to me to illustrate that according to the name in front of a release the attitude is not the same one.

I wrote besides in Wraggster which with simply recognized that it had not paid attention to the fact that the version of PACMANFAN was a bearing under GPL and that if it had reacted it is because of this famous email on behalf of the original authors. In fact, the latter would not have succeeded in contacting us…. www.pspgen.com seemed too long to type for them….

But the cherry on the cake was the surprised arrival, the shortly after the exit of Psx-P, of an emulator which would be full speed would make turn all the Psx plays called PS1P. And the whole announced by, I give it to you into thousand, DCEmu. It is which the doubt gently settled in my spirit: do not find not odd only the site which is at the origin of the polemic on Psx-P left, precisely the following day, an advertisement for a competitor emulator PSX? Personally that worked me, without to prevent to me from announcing the infos about it. Wraggster with answered my email requiring explanations of him on this subject by a news alleviating on the competition enters the two emulators and an affiliation of our news proposed to me on the subject. No the war thus between the two emulators and it is a very good thing.

To return to the initial question, I asked for Yoshihiro to not release a public version before the installation of the dynarec. The proof is made that Psx-P exists, it is thus wise to have patience in order to be able to present a version more succeeded than 10 bêtas more or less interesting, isn't it ?

MaGiXieN
    (webmaster of pspgen.com - official site of Psx-P)

Quote Originally Posted by magixien
    Automatic Translation from my french news:
    (Original is here: http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?na...rder=0&thold=0)

For recall, PSX-P is an emulator intended to emulate the PS1 of Sony. It is a bearing of PCsx

What's up doc ?

The emulator with known, since beta 1, a certain number of modifications. Graphics were improved and slightly improved speed. The black spot more irritating remains the incompatibility of the vidéos which block with launching (as in FFVII for example). Several ways are explored in order to solve this problem but remain temporarily without exits. If not, a new programmer has just joined the team and proposed to program Dynarec for Psx-P. A good thing bus Dark_Alex seems very occupied finalizing its Firmware 2.71SE.

With when a public release?

Wraggster, the webmaster of DCemu, stated to have received, on behalf of the creator of Pcsx an email requiring of him to withdraw the version beta 1 of Psx-P of its waiters because the release did not respect the charter GPL to which the original version of PCsx is subjected. The other US sites followed this action on the only faith of the declaration of Wraggster. The crime was worth at least the electric chair: the release contained neither the NFO (file containing the greetings and other detail of the release) nor the sources.

Only odd thing, on the site of PCsx, one of the authors however specifies, in a post on this subject, that nothing can oblige Yoshihiro required its sources because the project remains in spite of very Open Source. It also specifies that this case is far from being isolated.

Another polemic left the site of PSPUpdate: PCsx would be dangerous because he writes in the flash. Rumour contradicted by the admins of QJ as of the shortly after the publication with all the excuses of use.

Never the exit of an emulator will not have known as many attacks to try to discredit it. A contrario no emulator homebrew will have made it tower of the ground also quickly. Its arrival with same exceeded sites PSP while being announced on almost all the sites treating of the numerical topicality.

And yet, PACMANFAN had already published a first test carried, him also, of PCsx. Only flat, in addition to one year of development its emulator remained well in on this side that of Yoshihiro at the end of one month of work.

On this subject, moreover, I let to you look by you even a fact which can only illustrate the unjust attitude of some towards Yoshihiro. PACMANFAN forever releasé officially its sources with its emulator and forever known as either that it was a bearing of PCsx. Then why Wraggster and his/her friends they did not create same prohibition and the same polemic? Yes, why? With same cause, even effect would seem logical to me. If you do not believe me, go on QJ and type PACMANFAN in seeking or look at NEWS 1, NEWS2, NEWS 3 (the Net does not forget anything as said one among you in a comment on our forum).

This is just used to me to illustrate that according to the name in front of a release the attitude is not the same one.

I wrote besides in Wraggster which with simply recognized that it had not paid attention to the fact that the version of PACMANFAN was a bearing under GPL and that if it had reacted it is because of this famous email on behalf of the original authors. In fact, the latter would not have succeeded in contacting us…. www.pspgen.com seemed too long to type for them….

But the cherry on the cake was the surprised arrival, the shortly after the exit of Psx-P, of an emulator which would be full speed would make turn all the Psx plays called PS1P. And the whole announced by, I give it to you into thousand, DCEmu. It is which the doubt gently settled in my spirit: do not find not odd only the site which is at the origin of the polemic on Psx-P left, precisely the following day, an advertisement for a competitor emulator PSX? Personally that worked me, without to prevent to me from announcing the infos about it. Wraggster with answered my email requiring explanations of him on this subject by a news alleviating on the competition enters the two emulators and an affiliation of our news proposed to me on the subject. No the war thus between the two emulators and it is a very good thing.

To return to the initial question, I asked for Yoshihiro to not release a public version before the installation of the dynarec. The proof is made that Psx-P exists, it is thus wise to have patience in order to be able to present a version more succeeded than 10 bêtas more or less interesting, isn't it ?

MaGiXieN
    (webmaster of pspgen.com - official site of Psx-P)
    That (referring to the bold part) is clearly wrong. Here are Refraction's posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refraction
    maybe we should just spread the word that they arent geniuses but merely theives with a psp environment setup.

we are going to post the news on PCSX2 site, spread the news a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refraction
    it doesnt matter if it is alpha or super alpha or just a silly exe that doesnt do much..

As long as it contains code from PCSX and you have no thanks to the original authors (or the guy who gave you the porting stuff) you are breaking the GPL license. You have described the emu as all your own work to try and gain glory for yourself and this is frowned highly upon.

NGEmu will not show it any support until you conform to these. Giving thanks and releasing source code isnt hard to do, i suggest you do it.
    And here's what shadow had to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpcsx2
    Generaly there is a problem since pcsx is under GPL. GPL requires that each modification to the source (even a port) has to be released with sources. Unfortunately this is not the first time that something like that happends (i remember other ports as well) and we can't really force it to happend.. It's open source anyway..

It is REQUIRED for the source to be released, no matter the circumstance. They are saying that they can't do anything about it, as legal options would be costly, and useless. Yoshizero has already lost support from many PSP users, and I REFUSE to even put that garbage on my PSP. As a fan of the PCSX/PCSX2 dev team, I am EXTREMELY pissed at Yoshi's actions.

Regardless of what happens with legal issues it is still a good thing to have competing emulators.

MaGiXieN- I think it's cool you guys released that beta to us, but why after the whole stink, you guys still released no source? I'm glad to hear you guys are continueing work on this emu. But please, do things the right way so the scene can support you. I would love to play PS1 on my PSP.

The sources will be released with the final version.

Yoshihiro will give to scene all the sources with comments inside.

Cool. thanks for the info. And just for the record, I have never said anything bad about Yoshi. I don't know much about him, and I'm not into flaming. I'm sorry your team had to endure so much nonsense. I look foward to your next release.

You wish

Thats great, too bad he already violated GPL

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    The right to redistribute is granted only if the licensee includes the source code (or a legally binding offer to provide the source code), including any modifications made. Furthermore, the distributed copies, including the modifications, must also be licensed under the terms of the GPL.

This requirement is known as copyleft, and it gets its legal teeth from the fact that the program is copyrighted. Because it is copyrighted, a licensee has no right to modify or redistribute it (barring fair use), except under the terms of the copyleft. One is only required to adhere to the terms of the GPL if one wishes to exercise rights normally restricted by copyright law, such as redistribution. Conversely, if one distributes copies of the work without abiding by the terms of the GPL (for instance, by keeping the source code secret), they can be sued by the original author under copyright law.

Basically, he DOES NOT have the right to distribute this file. BTW, PCSX can take LEGAL ACTION against Yoshi and the sites still distributing PSXP.

Quote Originally Posted by dagger89
    Thats great, too bad he already violated GPL. Basically, he DOES NOT have the right to distribute this file. BTW, PCSX can take LEGAL ACTION against Yoshi and the sites still distributing PSXP.
    If his next release contains source and he gives credit to the original it wouldn't matter that a crappy alpha was leaked. BTW, PCSX won't take legal action IMO.

It wasn't leaked... It was released by Yoshi...And PCSX should take legal action

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information