Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teen arrested for bush comments

Thumbs down Teen arrested for bush comments

Via http://www.thewbalchannel.com/techno...08/detail.html

Teen Questioned For Online Bush Threats

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A high school freshman upset by the war in Iraq has been questioned by federal authorities after venting her frustration with President Bush last spring on her MySpace.com Web page.

Julia Wilson posted a picture of the president, scrawled "Kill Bush" across the top and drew a dagger stabbing his outstretched hand. She later replaced her page after learning in history class that such threats are a federal offense.

It was too late.

Federal authorities had found the page and placed the girl on their checklist.

The 14-year-old freshman was taken out of class Wednesday and questioned for about 15 minutes by two Secret Service agents. The incident has upset her parents, who said the agents should have included them.

The girl said the agents' questioning led her to tears and that she's not a dangerous person.

Julia Wilson.. what a loser! If you are american and you have a blog with bad comments about Bush, you will be arrested!

i'm speechless....

I remember a story of a veteran of WWII (I think) who was arresting for visiting his friend at a VFW wearing a Veterans for Peace t-shirt. The idiot cop said he was "protesting" and also arrested him for carrying a pocketknife.

The point I'm making is that my government is way too paranoid.

DCEmu Regular

In a world like the one we live in, and with people who gladly would harm the president, it's their job to track down security threats.

While some issues may be a bit over the top, people need to think before they say stupid things. Wishing death upon someone, especially a governmental figure you don't even know is serious business. It'd be nice if people would just think about what they're saying. Calling for the murder of another person, especially someone in office, isn't cool just because you're "protesting".

I still agree.. it's a kid and that was over the top. But the kid was being stupid. If you're not prepared for the consequences of your actions, sit down and shut up.

Now, what would the SS being doing on Myspace... hmmm.... lets see... A site used by most teen girls..... hmmm...

Americans need to have more respect for the president. Some people may not agree with his decisions, But he is the president, and to put down the president of your country, is to put down the country you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by ferds108
    Americans need to have more respect for the president. Some people may not agree with his decisions, But he is the president, and to put down the president of your country, is to put down the country you live in.
    If your president showed qualitys deserving respect, then maybe amerikans would respect him, not only amerikans, but people of the world.

Not a huge fan of Mr Bush or Blubbering teens that write $#@! on walls or in public bathrooms. But a warning BEFORE IT HAPPENS, keep political arguments in your thoughts and not on DCemu.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN AWESOME
    Not a huge fan of Mr Bush or Blubbering teens that write $#@! on walls or in public bathrooms. But a warning BEFORE IT HAPPENS, keep political arguments in your thoughts and not on DCemu.

Lmao, thank you, I came here to check psp news and lo and behold a political debate forum, not exactly what i was thinking about but none the less fun. Either way, what the hell arethey doing on myspace.com

DCEmu Regular

This is off-topic, in the off-topic forum.

Why is this against the rules, and why should we not talk politics? Isn't that what this forum is for?

Not arguing with those who lay down the law, but I see no logic in why there's something wrong with this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information