Thread: Design a Game for Datel! - New Homebrew Competition for DS :)

Blog Entries

NDS Design a Game for Datel! - New Homebrew Competition for DS :)

Ok all DCEmu visitors and members/coders a new competition from Datel has been announced, heres the info:

Fifty prizes of Datel DS goodie bundles are up for grabs…
    The Nintendo DS has a thriving home brew scene, with skilled programmers creating all sorts of wonderful games and applications. They’re easy to use too – just get a home brew solution such as Datel’s MAX Media Dock, download the software from HERE and transfer them to your media dock. You can then launch them through MAX Media’s intuitive desktop.

To celebrate the success of MAX Media Dock for the Nintendo DS, Datel is looking for the best home brew games around to offer as downloads or to possibly be bundled with future products. They don’t have to be new games – if you’ve already released a game onto the home brew scene, feel free to submit it for the competition. We’re not after exclusive publication rights either. If your game’s one of the lucky winners, you can still distribute it on the net and issue updated releases. In fact, if you’ve already written a game, entering the competition will be no effort at all!

But what’s in it for you?

Easy – we’re giving away up to 50 bundles of Datel DS goodies, worth £100/$180 each! And if that’s not enough, your game will also get a much increased distribution, with Datel’s seal of approval bringing it to the attention of professional DS coding teams who might – just might – be looking for new recruits.

To enter, just send a copy of your game with a few simple instructions to [email protected] by Tuesday 31st October. If you’re one of the winners, we’ll get back to you after this date.

So basically this is a great way for Datel to have more support for its Max Media Player, so to all coders this is a great chance to get some freebies

DCEmu Rookie

I laughed when I read the title. I was half expecting to see "Bonus Points if you give the MMD GBA support"!

So this seal of approval, would we be able to trade it in for a bag of Cheetos?

Ok, enough tomfoolery. I'm very much looking forward to something spiffy and new for the poor MMD. That'd be swell!

wow. datel is having a homebrew comp.

So in return for giving them thousands of dollars in profits, they give you a $#@!ty ****in' Datel product?

**** that noise.

I hope someone makes a Gba emu for MMD >.>

Dcemu Coder

LOL^^ An emu?
    Did u meaned it seriosly?
    Wow...cant belave it....
    A device which goes trough gba slot, on a device which can be tunred to gba mode, should have a gba emu?
    LOL

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Uh, the dock can't go into GBA mode, Payk.

Dcemu Coder

Ohhh sorry....Sorry....Then it needs a gba-linker or a gba interpreter. I saw a gba emu on PSP....very slow...so coding a gba emu on nds would be even slower....So just a interpreter should be fine

Thread Information