Thread: Dreamcast VGA Box question.

DCEmu Regular

Default Dreamcast VGA Box question.

Dreamcast VGA Box question.

hey, i know there is a thread already concerning about a VGA mod for the Dreamcast, but i just like to know something at lest though.

without hving to literally build one, cant u like buy one from like eBay and then rip open the box and take the componenets out and fit it inside ur dreamcast?

also, will might help play games that dont support VGA and will make it previewable?

There are some vga boxes small enough to fit into a dreamcast but they would be a tight squeeze and would still require soldering and such so even then its not a job for a complete novice.

I doubt their are any commercial vga boxes with this "half-vga" mode that allows a person to play non-vga games in vga mode but it may be easy to make one do this, requiring more soldering and the right product.

If you plan on buying a vga box then your best off just leaving it alone, I would imagine that it would be just as challenging to place a commercial box inside as to make one to place inside.

DCEmu Regular

well i think i may have found a smallish one on eBay'

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sega-Dreamcast...QQcmdZViewItem

and to know kinda wat it is ike inside, there i another one on the site but u have to look closely at it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEAUTIFUL-PAL-...ayphotohosting

i asssume they are the similar product.

wait i dont understand his problem or the VGA box questions.

Heres the f**k i think he is asking..

I found away to hook a monitor jack into my DC's AV long-socket. Just fitting them isn't enough though, i need away to adjust the settings so non VGA games will be adapted to play. There are certain chips for that in the real VGA cords and you want to frankensolder some DC friendly cord?

My question is this. Is this not a simuler situation to the colorized WWII footage. We saw it when it was released in black and white yet they were able to "add" color to it later because it was recorded with color. I want to know if every game has VGA capabilities yet just doesnt realize them due to just being on a TV usually. Also is it not possible to hook this device to the end of the DC vga box with another adaptor in between?

DCEmu Newbie

It's been a long time since I've used Dreamcast stuff... but I remember there was a patcher circulating that allowed you to patch non-VGA games to VGA compatibility. I can verify this works because I used it on 1 game at the time (DOA2 I think). Sorry I can't be more specific, but if you do some searching you should be able to find it.

Thread Information