Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100m Dash v0.1

Blog Entries

psp 100m Dash v0.1

PSPhakkor posted this news/release:

Here it is everyone, I'm so excited to be releasing my first game. It seemed only yesterday (because it was) that I was confused as crap by C++ on the psp, so I decided to use Lua .

Now, mainly to get myself acquainted with the language, I programmed a simple running game similar to those track and field and olympic games for the consoles which I love and can't wait for a psp version.

It is only text based at the moment, partly because I was having a hard time making simple running animations or images, but with time, I'm sure they'll some together and I'd really love to slip them in there as soon as possible. However, there are a few things I want to do first, as outlined in the readme.

Please give me feedback as I would love to know how to make my programming better and if you actually like playing the game(I would like to know if you do!), what should be on my future improvement list?

Anyways, This is the most exciting thing to happen to me in a long time, so I'm really proud of myself right now. Hope you like it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via psphakkor

Not bad.

For the false start detector you want to implement I recommend using the bolean Soundlaying(). You could then encapsulate the movement code in an if statement. Like this:

Code:
    if pad:right() and beep:playing() == false 
    then           dest = dest + 10
    end
    EDIT:
    This would make it so that the button mashing would only work after the sound has played

Anyway good luck

Ah... Two button bashers in one day... Its a good start How about doing a remake of Daley Thompsons Decathlon?? - Shouldnt be too hard!

And you call it a game? What the f*ck is this? Some kind of idiot in one day makes several lines of code and call it a game? LOL, I think you are joking. I don't understand why it is posted here, It can't be called a game or even a program.

Quote Originally Posted by Milleniumas
    And you call it a game? What the f*ck is this? Some kind of idiot in one day makes several lines of code and call it a game? LOL, I think you are joking. I don't understand why it is posted here, It can't be called a game or even a program.
    geez that seems a little harsh, it was his first try. Id like to see u do better on ur first try or the first day u started making it. so chill out a little

Wonna bet that I could do better? I am focused on PC game programming (in any case here is my site: www.gamedata.puslapiai.lt ), not PSP. And in every game you have to make some effort and make it with love and enjoying and do your best, not just write several text lines and be proud that someone posted useless post about your nothing special work. Make it good or don't make it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Milleniumas
    Make it good or don't make it at all.
    A real team player we have here EVERYBODY starts somewhere and, in this case, this is it... Just because you've tinkered longer doesnt give you the right to slag other peoples work off I personally think you should apologise and MAYBE offer some advice for future updates...

Now I am a coder too, a real PSP coder! I have managed to learn in 15mins the basic of the PSP lua scripting. So this my first game, it is called press a cross to win! Isn't it cool? A real game of several lines, I am super duper programmer!
    Code:

black = Color.new(0,0,0)
    white = Color.new(255,255,255)

x = 480/2
    y = 278/2

while not Controls.read():start() do
    	screen:clear(black)

screen:print(30,30,"Press cross button to win!!!",white);

if Controls.read():cross() then
    	screen:print(x,y,"You Win!",white)
    	end

screen.waitVblankStart()
    	screen.flip()
    end

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666
    I personally think you should apologise and MAYBE offer some advice for future updates...
    OMG! Sry that I have told a truth and my opinion that this few lines cannot be cold a game and this game/program sucks.

Don't worry guys. No need for apologies. The creator will never see this. He posted it on you know, the "other" site.

Milleniumas, I don't know what to say. Although I partially agree with you, I feel your comment is very harsh. Also, if I'm the one who made the 'useless' post, I was just trying to help the guy out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information