Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Delay of Sonys GPS, Camera and PSone Emu Part of the PS3 Masterplan

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Zero
    i think sony's using the homebrew scene as a backup.... until the psp can hold itself....until than, their gonna keep making updates, and when they do finish making updates...i'm sure homebrew will be allowed....than again i could be wrong.
    I don't feel like typing anything, so I will just say, 'Agreed".

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter
    All you have to look at is what one of the major uses for homebrew is, and you get why Sony seems anti homebrew.

While ISO's are continuing to being used, Sony will consider homebrew a threat. Thats what it comes down to in my eyes.

Cloudy
    i agree with this.homebrew iso loaders ,thats what sony doesn't like

@YourStillWithMe:
    "For god sakes, the Wii is prehomebrew compatible n64, sega, nes, and snes hoembrew all ready to go! (I just dont want a Wii because i think the commercial games are gonna stink and i own all those systems and run all that stuff on my psp)"

Mind you what the Wii supports is NOT necessarily homebrew (although they may also support that) but basically the Virtual Console option is for playing old console games which is not necessarily the same as homebrew... in other words, that doesn't mean we'll be able to use ROMs out of the box or anything - but an eventual homebrew developer might provide that option.

Quote Originally Posted by valar
    i agree with this.homebrew iso loaders ,thats what sony doesn't like
    Also keep in mind that people buying PSPs for homebrew purposes only (and say, a few used UMDs) actually costs Sony money, because consoles are usually more expensive to make than they are to buy (including shipping, marketing, development, and materials). At the very least even if it doesn't cost them money, they make little to nothing on the console itself; the money is made in selling software which is very cheap to produce outside of the development costs but sells for 20-40 bucks (US) apiece.

Also people that refuse to upgrade firmware can't play new games, and don't buy them anyway as a result. So Sony is also kind of screwing themselves in the end, because even while people playing homebrew gives people something to do outside of playing official games (and probably makes people less likely to buy them because they can get enjoyment out of emulators and other homebrew, at least a little bit), those same people will either not buy new games, or furthur modify and hack the system to be able to do both (AND/OR use ISOs which can always cross the firmware barrier it seems.)

Can I say something without being banned...?

(Wathever)

**** YOU, SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster

The tiff exploit i would think will be patched although knowing Sony not hard enough to stop homebrew, funny but are they really anti homebrew ?

They do enough to satisfy game companies but not too much to kill it off for good ?
    finally someone talks some sense. i have been saying this for months. Sony KNOW that homebrew sells consoles. have no doubt that with their resources they could close ALL holes in PSP in one firmware - but how would that really benefit them? sure they lose game sales through warez but how many more machines do they sell via people talking about homebrew etc? i know that all of my mates have only bought their psp cos of the emulators etc they have seen running on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_35
    Can I say something without being banned...?

(Wathever)

**** YOU, SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Likewise Cloud,But Most of the psp site just write watever shows up on other site n stuff but never read the full article. Not that im trying to put down DC Emu but watever show up u guys copy n paste wat u like. But never wat is real.

P.s Lol there goes this acc to the ban list. tehe

hmmmm....does anyone here know if you must have a ps3 to download ps1 games for the ps1 emu???

DCEmu Newbie

@NOquarter
    dude sony would like to allow homebrew on psp
    but runnin unsigned code on the psp can lead to a homebrew bomb.

I think they'd love to stop ISO LOaders. But apart from that It's all business & profit for them.

He's right but, they don;t have enough time to release the promised goods int eh window they said they would... Never know but.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information