Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Delay of Sonys GPS, Camera and PSone Emu Part of the PS3 Masterplan

Blog Entries

psp The Delay of Sonys GPS, Camera and PSone Emu Part of the PS3 Masterplan

Some of our pals at other PSP sites today have for want of a better work analysed and in my opinion got it wrong about where the GPS, Camera and the PSOne emulator for the PSP are.

Yes September/October was the original dates but from what i can see with the announcement of downloadable games including the likes of PSone games via the PS3 that its all being launched within a 2 week window.

The tiff exploit i would think will be patched although knowing Sony not hard enough to stop homebrew, funny but are they really anti homebrew ?

They do enough to satisfy game companies but not too much to kill it off for good ?

But anyway lets see if im right.

Anyone got a view on my post above or their own opinion, then post via comments.

I don't get it. What's Sony doing?????

i dont think it is a big deal at all to wait for the psone emulator, gps, and the psp to ps3 connectivity the longer we all wait the better and less glitchy everything will be. Plus, it will be also easier to get because it would be in production longer. Ex-the x360 was hard to grab because it wasnt in production too long and it was sold so high on ebay because of this.

And how is Sony not Anti Homebrew? they create updates that are useless 1.51, 2.01, 2.71 those are just "security patches." They don't really add anything new to the user other than 1.52 allowed us to watch music UMD's. I love Sonys lineup of games for the psp recently Tiger Woods andNBA Live 07 are much more impressive then last years sports games. They have stepped it up in the games a bit but now they need to stop being lame. For god sakes, the Wii is prehomebrew compatible n64, sega, nes, and snes hoembrew all ready to go! (I just dont want a Wii because i think the commercial games are gonna stink and i own all those systems and run all that stuff on my psp)

Thats an interesting idea, but it might be that Sony is trying to kill homebrew but the homebrew scene just has some of the best coders in the world.

DCEmu Newbie

It's Sony the delay's are always gonna be there. But I think wraggster is rigth about them not trying to kill off homebrew. Sony would be stepping on their own feet if they killed homebrew forever.

i think they are anti homebrew...to a point, personally ive never heard anyone on this site being threatend by sony to stop making homebrew or theyll get sued, i could be wrong but i havent seen any. im wondering though because if they stop making firmware to prevent homebrew and make the PSP "open source" is it possible for sony to get sued because theres nintendo "systems and games" per se on a competitors console? probably why they have to implement anti homebrew to at least show that they are doing something againest this.

I truly believe sony would like to support hombrew, it increases sales of thier systems.They just don't want to do so publically as it would alienate their licensee's.

Hence the half hearted security fixes
    The psp is the biggest homebrew scene ever!

well if they do do this purposly maby we should let ppl know, because they might stop it.

i always thought they may do something like this

PSN ID: splodger15

@Kaze Darkwind:
    I don't think they could be sued for having an open source system,just as OS and computer manufacturers can't be sued just because it's capable of running something.
    I really think the issue is more related to maintaining a large licensee base.

Sony makes alot of money on those licenses

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information