Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gpSPDC - Gameboy Advance Emulator for Dreamcast

Default gpSPDC - Gameboy Advance Emulator for Dreamcast

-- Credits to Exophase for releasing such a fine emulator that I have merely ported it to run on the dreamcast using the included C core, does not use dynarec like the psp version.

please check the other readmes.

included is a scrambled binary, game_config.txt. requires a gba bios named gba_bios.bin(you can dump it yourself, see http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/GBA_BIOS)
    place your gba roms on the root of the cd and burn everything to cdr, in what ever method you need to make a bootable cd.

Download from my site http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/gpSPDC.shtml

Enjoy,
    Troy(GPF)
    http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk

PS: thanks to Ron of dciberia for his alpha testing and arranging it with others for testing.
    http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-read_ar...?articleId=568

wow thanks man. Great job

Thanks GPF. Nice!

DCEmu Newbie

Awesome! Any chance of reaching full-speed emulation or is this just a proof of concept kind of thing?

DCEmu Coder

I can at least try to help them with a dynarec. And I can probably help them get the snapshot un-screwed up ^_-

Converting x86_emit.h/x86_stub.S to sh4_emit.h/sh4_stub.S might be a good start. Even though SH4 is RISC the fact that it only has 16 registers, 2 address format, and very small immediates (all thanks to the 16bit instruction format) means that you won't have a lot of luck going from the Allegrex recompiler to it (gpSP's MIPS recompiler also uses a lot of fancy things like the ext/ins instructions on a regular basis).

The x86 recompiler is really halfway between a threaded interpreter and a real recompiler; it calls functions for most of the regularly executed instructions, although it generates code for barrel shifts, memory address generating, writeback, etc. Some more things could be inlined in x86_emit.h (it wouldn't be too hard for me since I'd probably go from mips_emit.h) and tested on PC, which would then be mostly portable to SH4. An SH4 dynarec would then only need emiters, some register definitions, some code to split instructions with large immediates into immediate setup instructions, and the x86 emit calls replaced with their equivilent SH4 ones. Then perhaps some of the leftover SH4 registers can be statically mapped to GBA ones, but not all of them (there just isn't room). Maybe around 8 or so. Some analysis of GBA games might determine good registers to map.

At the very least gpSP's recompiler backend (cpu_threaded.c) is portable and represents a good half of the work necessary for a dynarec.

I'd possibly like to help more directly but unfortunately I don't have a Dreamcast. Anyone want to donate one to me? D:

Emulator very slow.
    I hope for new versions of the emulator gpspdc.

Amazing how fast just this port of it is on the dreamcast. Oh Exophase do you live in the USA? I would be intrested in getting you a Dreamcast, if you would further develope this emu for the dreamcast and psp. It would be good motivation lol. You would need a coders cable for the DC to be able to do anything, so if someone will get you one of those. Then I can probaly pick you up a Dreamcast. We might just be able to get you set up. If your intrested please let me know.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by JmanUmmKay
    Amazing how fast just this port of it is on the dreamcast. Oh Exophase do you live in the USA? I would be intrested in getting you a Dreamcast, if you would further develope this emu for the dreamcast and psp. It would be good motivation lol. You would need a coders cable for the DC to be able to do anything, so if someone will get you one of those. Then I can probaly pick you up a Dreamcast. We might just be able to get you set up. If your intrested please let me know.
    I'm in the USA and I'm at least somewhat interested ^_- I'm more lacking time than money right now though I'll have to see how things look in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase
    I'm in the USA and I'm at least somewhat interested ^_- I'm more lacking time than money right now though I'll have to see how things look in the near future.
    No problem man. I figured you would be pretty busy with the PSP version and of course your personal life. Well if you do think you may have the time in the near future. And want to continue it for the Dreamcast. Just let me know and I’ll pick up a dreamcast for you. But you’re going to have to give me some time to find you a homebrew compatible one. I know the non-homebrew compatible are rare but i wouldn't want to get you one and find out its no good lol. I imagine you would want a Brand new one right? Well you can just AIM, PM or even email me. So just let me know if or when you have the time and if are still interested in the future. I have no problem helping out when I can for all you great coders. So I would just like to thank you Exophase for all of your great work and hope you continue.

DCEmu Newbie

when new versions of the emulator gpspdc with suport save ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information