Thread: Help Wanted: Scorched Earth DS

Blog Entries

NDS Help Wanted: Scorched Earth DS

StudioXcel posted this:

Help Wanted: Scorched Earth DS #1
    Just popping in
    Objective: Port the childhood favourite "Scorched Earth" to the DS with updated graphics, physics, and gameplay.

Information: I was looking through some vintage games on some sites, and came across Scorched Earth. It was (and still is) and amazing 2D tank game for the PC (circa 1991-1995) that had amazing physics (for that time) and boundless gameplay. After a quick battle with my friend, I decided I want to share this game with a new generation. After soon realizing I am not able to conquer such a project easily at this moment, I was left with one decision: Seek help.

Plans: Gather a team (2-4 people).
    - Project Manager
    - Head Coder
    - Graphics
    - Other
    Decide on plan of attack with the project.
    Develop game....

Conclusion: I hope I can get some interest in this project, and hopefully get it as a finished project. I have some great aspirations for this, and I know there are people here that are very capable of this project.

Contact me at [email protected] if you are seriously interested or just want more information.

Fun game and all, but JGudbranson(?) forgot to mention what he himself is capable of doing for the project. He might also want to post some information and ideas on how this remake should look and how it should be operated.

It would be nice to see this gameplay for the DS. Gorilla DS had a similiar concept, but Scorched Earth is way more advanced.

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

I have been considering doing something like this for awhile as a quick project. But based of Tankwars (aka BOMB), the game that inspired Scorched Earth. It was developed in 1990, and I have even contacted the original author recently (abiet it was not easy). He confirmed it was him, but didn't get back to me any more than that.

The fairly small color palette suits the DS perfectly and the rather small screen resolution is almost perfect aswell.

Perhaps having the weapon selection, angle and power controls on the touch screen, and deticate the top one entirely to the battle scene.

Thread Information