Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iR Shell fix for 2.71 SE

DCEmu Old Pro

Lightbulb iR Shell fix for 2.71 SE

Right, after much time has passed, i feel that i should really update this post, mainly cause what i had written here was very outdated (see quote below)
    One of the main problem homebrew for 2.71 SE is iR Shell. Therefore i have uploaded a fixed version for anyone having problems fixing it themselves.
    So if you think 1.5 is better cause it has ISO loaders, Flash mod tools and iR Shell which 2.71 SE doesnt, then think again. From SE-B onwards, 2.71 SE is an ISO loader, from SE-B onwards, most flash mod tools work on 2.71 SE thanks to kernal folder changing. From v16 onwards, we have X-Flash, and from October 21st, 2006, 19:20 onwards, there has been iR Shell fixed for everyone to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Me, this thread, On October 21st, 2006, 19:20(thats just after SE-A was released)
    Right, seeing as many people say that iR Shell doesn't work on 2.71 SE-A, or have problems fixing it themselves, i have taken the liberty of fixing it and uploading it here for everyone to use, so there you go all '1.50 is better cause iR Shell, ISO loaders and flash modification homebrew work on 1.50 but not 2.71 SE-A' people, now you only have one thing left on that list that wont work on 2.71 SE-A, an they just happen to be illegal on this site
    now due to some people having problems downloading from here, i have also uploaded to elsewhere for you do download (and also pochi style has been uploaded elsewhere, if youd rather have pochi theme + pochi eboot)

Enjoy

Alternative download link for 2.71 SE-A iR Shell fix
    Download link for 2.71 SE-A iR Shell fix (pochi style)

This will be helpful for the new people who update to 2.71 SE-A.

DCEmu Old Pro

i know, thats the whole idea, ive already had to help 2 people, and there may be more who have problems (plus grit (please be the right name) was doing a 2.71 SE homebrew pack in pochi style, so thats where the irshell pochi style can go).

Forgot to mention it in first post but the app list has been set up to find games from GAME150 folder, so no need to change that yourself

About time the fix is applied. I tried 2.71 SE-A today and I immediately decided to go back to 1.50 as IRshell didn't work and that's one brilliant program out there. Maybe I'll try it tonight...

DCEmu Old Pro

hehe, i upgraded to 2.71 SE-A, then went back to 1.50, cause one of my UMDs didnk work from XMB, later found it was a HenC problem and it was only that UMD that i had problems with, so in the end i upgraded again, after all, only having to use devhook for one UMD is easier than having to start devhook to play all my UMDs (especially if you switch between playing comercial and homebrew games)

DCEmu Old Pro

NO ISO TALK ITS AGAINST THE RULES
    JESUS HOW MANY TIMES DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE TOLD

Well, now thats been said, go ask at other sites and never bring up ISOs again

Is there a standard process that you go through to make programs compatible for 2.71 se, or does it differ from program to program? (assuming that you are working with 1.5 homebrew)

DCEmu Old Pro

it differs, for example,
    the problem with ir shell - the param.sfo (eboot details), it made the eboot corupt data. solution - get a param that doesnt show as corupt data and replace the corupt param
    the problem with x-flash - the code, its specifically coded for 1.50 so using it on other firmwares could brick. solution - recode to work on 2.71 SE-A (impossible as i dont think art ever released a source code)

will this still work in SE-B

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Nate
    will this still work in SE-B
    It should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information