Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ updates NeoGeo emulator 'MVSPSP' again? (22/10/06)

psp NJ updates NeoGeo emulator 'MVSPSP' again? (22/10/06)

There seems to have been an update on NJ 's site that been posted today for his Neo Geo Emulator 'MVSPSP 1.0 / Kernel Mode version (2006/10/22)'.

His website has also been tweaked making it much easier for people to see what they are now downloading.

If someone could please translate what or if there has been any significant changes to MVSPSP that would be great.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

cool alwayz nice to see an update.

DCEmu Newbie

Odd seems like nothing has changed emulation wise. When I tried it I tried it back when he first released it and it's almost at the same state it was then =/ Hopefully he'll improve this emu as there's many great games for this system/driver set o btw if you guys wanna try a good sidescroller that works perfect try spinmaster as it works perfect with every option checked (vysnc,raster, and 44khz).

DCEmu Legend

Well its good to see there is still activity on NJ's site. Whether it is new updates to EMU's or a tweaking of the site layout. It shows NJ is still in the game and that is always good news.

Good to see NJ still at work. Gonna try this now.. thanks for the find Baboon

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

it just seems like a minor update, damn i cant find the you know what so that i can i actually play it, anybody know where i can find it

DCEmu Rookie

youve got to love nj for what hes given us. o)

Do we know what the improvements are on this one?

Btw, is kernal mode only for firmware 2.0 and higher?

I honestly don't know if NJ changed anything in this version. There aren't any indications of what he changed on his web page (which, by the way, now says that it is "No longer being updated" at the top). It is worth mentioning that he has updated the source distribution as well though.

Anyway, I compared the differences between the readme included with this file (Which was last saved on October 17, while the included eboot was last updated on October 22) and the readme included with the source distribution from October 15, and here's what I found:

line 67:
    Creating Cache Files
    If an "Insufficient Memory" message is displayed when loading a ROM then you will need to create a cache of it's graphic data.
    Please create it with the included romcnv.exe. For instructions on how to use it, please refer to romcnv's readme.txt.
    Also, unlike CPS2PSP, when using cache files, one needs to be created for each game.
    line 89 (partial match with previous line 79):
    The menu for changing the game settings, etc... is displayed by pressing "START + SELECT" while the game is running.
    (In the old version, this was reported as "The menu for changing the game settings, etc... is displayed by pressing "L Trigger" while the game is running.")

line 92 (section added to controls explanation):
    In-game Button Controls
    It is possible to change the allocation of the buttons. I've written the defaults below. Button placement is the same the placement on the NEOGEO pad.
    Up - Up or Analog Up
    Down - Down or Analog Down
    Left - Left or Analog Left
    Right - Right or Analog Right
    Start - Start
    Coin - Select
    Button A - Cross
    Button B - Circle
    Button C - Square
    Button D - Triangle
    Special Controls
    START + SELECT: Open menu
    L + R + SELECT: Service Switch (It's also possible to allocate to a specific button)
    line 176 (added to incompatible games section):
    kof97pls The King of Fighters '97 Plus (bootleg)
    zintrckb Zintrick (hack / bootleg)
    Additionally, he removed the entries for all other previous versions from the "What's changed" section, along with the FAQ section.

You might also be interested to know, that this version was rebuilt using the source from somewhere around the 0.1.3 version (the version number previous to the rebuild was 0.2.2)

Thanks for the news baboon and for the translayion b8a. Good to see NJ back at work. But ill stick with mikes modified version for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information