Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSPSeq 1.00 is now available!

psp PSPSeq 1.00 is now available!

edited 10-24-2006 - new revision available - PSPSeq 1.01

there were a few minor bugs in PSPSeq 1.00; they are now patched and the latest version is available for download here. enjoy!

original message below...

-----
    hello everyone - i've just released PSPSeq 1.00, a multitrack software synthesizer and sequencer for writing music on the PSP. some of the features that it has over the last version of PSPSeq (0.20) are:

- editable parameters on instruments
    - customizable instrument groupings
    - multiple loops/song sequencing for writing entire songs
    - tap tempo
    - improvements and optimizations to many of the generators and fx, along with new instruments
    - configurable loop length
    - proper swing handling

the main difference between this program and PSPRhythm and PSPKick is that PSPSeq is solely based on software synthesis while the other two are primarily sample playback sequencers.

billy of PSPRhythm wrote a cool demo song. you can grab that here.

enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

thanks! good to see more music apps!

Sounds like garage band. If you're good at it, it's awesome. If not, not so much.

I'm sure this would be awesome after some time learning how to use it, all I can do is create some REALLY annoying sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvader
    I'm sure this would be awesome after some time learning how to use it, all I can do is create some REALLY annoying sounds.
    well PSPSeq is good for annoying and soothing sounds. here's some help on creating more melodic sounds:

1. press START to bring up the menu
    2. press X on SYSTEM
    3. press X on NEW
    4. press the D-pad down to highlight MELODEE
    5. press X

this loads up an instrument set with some more melodic instruments, specifically the BAMSVF (a 2 oscillator synth + filter) and KSSVF (a "plucked string" emulator with a filter at the end). trigger some notes there and try modifying the pitches (by pressing triangle and up/down with A-pad or D-pad; hold the L-trigger to cycle through pitches more slowly).

there's -a lot- more controls that exist for modifying the sound of each instrument; take a look through the documentation and the quick reference to learn how to modify parameters (like oscillator type and frequency offset in the 2-oscillator synth). you can definitely create all sorts of sounds from PSPSeq.

ethan
    dspmusic.org/psp

PSP Coder

Good Job Ethan!!!!! I have played with this and while it is a little tough to learn at first it makes some incredible sounds!

-RCON

work with 2.8?

Quote Originally Posted by wakeuphater
    work with 2.8?
    sorry man - not yet but hopefully soon...

Quote Originally Posted by RCON
    Good Job Ethan!!!!! I have played with this and while it is a little tough to learn at first it makes some incredible sounds!
    thanks! i added a quick reference guide which should make it easier to remember all the button combinations. the most important thing is to go into the SYNTH menu to access all the instrument parameters; there's a lot you can do with a 2-oscillator synth.

oh and billy's demo song is pretty awesome, eh? he's a talented guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457
    Sounds like garage band. If you're good at it, it's awesome. If not, not so much.
    yeah it definitely takes some effort to learn how to tweak the sounds and write music. hopefully the demo song is compelling enough to inspire people to fight the good fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information