It’s finally here! This is still a beta, so we expect to fix a few bugs for the final 0.17 release, but if you want to help us smash bugs, feel free to give it a try. This version of Wagic is open to all people who are registered at the Wagic forums (registration is free, and note that it’s not the same forum as /talk, so if you own an account at /talk you might need to create a new account).

Wagic is an heroic-fantasy card game, supporting more than 15’000 cards (more than 8’600 unique cards). The beta is currently available for the PSP, Windows, and Android. Yup, Android joins the Wagic fun. If you were one of the early testers of the Android version, you’ll probably enjoy some of the improvements of this version, although I’d like to mention that the android version is still work in progress, and not yet at the level of quality one could expect (in particular, we haven’t worked a lot on the shop and the deck editor yet).

Besides the Android compatibility (which is a major achievement!), this version brings tons of new cards (including the long awaited Innistrad), a new support for zip files (something that, as a user, you might not see, but will make updates, mods, and a pile of stuff much easier to handle), an experimental “undo” feature (ok, please don’t hurt me too much, but I think that feature doesn’t work on the PSP yet…feel free to report it as a bug), and a new “progress bar” on the main screen that will show you how much you still have to play in order to beat the game (as in “unlocking everything”).

I expect the beta to last no more than a week before a full release, unless major issues are found.

http://wololo.net/wagic/2011/12/31/w...7-public-beta/