Thread: Radioshack Illuminated PSP Stand w/Speaker

psp Radioshack Illuminated PSP Stand w/Speaker

Stumbled across this PSP stand at Radioshack tonight. It's only $9.95 so I figured I had to try it out...Design is pretty good and the holder actually tillts forward/backwards for good viewing angle. It does have a built in amplifier but I found either the speaker is crap and cann't handle it or the amplifier is just too dirty because at more then half volume it distorts something fierce.

There is a headphone jack in the back, so I ended up plugging my Creative 2-piece speakers into it and they sound 100x better compared to the built in speaker. There is a switch to disable the illumination wich is a must...those blue LEDs are BRIGHT!!! I'd give this unit an 8 out of 10 due to the poor sound quality of the speakers. If the unit didn't come with a headphone jack, it would have been given worse.

This is a pretty decent unit and for $9.95 it's a pretty good bargain compared to the other competition. Check it out on RadioShack's website at http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

That sounds like a pretty good deal. The blue lights could add to my collection of blue lights on the power buttons on my speaker systems, my moniter, my playgear amp and even my computer. I personally wouldn't've rated it so high due to the fact that if the built in speakers did suck then I would've brought it down a mark. Anyways, it looks like a good buy and its probably a descent stand.

I bought a $20 dollar CDN DREAMGEAR pack there because i needed a docking station and it came with a decent little zip case that had slots for mem sticks, the docking station was plain black, power plug in the back, 2 sping nubs that charge your psp and it had a white led which i covered with black electrical tape, not as flashy as the one in this post but good if youre after a simple one or flashing one, radio shack is the place to go!

Neat idea however I don't like resting my PSP with things inside its orifices.
    :: PSP Lua - PSP Lua Games and Homebrew
    :: PSP Skins - PSP Skins, Wallpaper and Templates
    :: Anime Avatars- Anime and Cartoon Avatar Gallery

Bill Nye Humor is everywhere, in that there's irony in just about anything a human does

the only thing is it doesnt take any batteries...it NEEDS to be plugged into a psp power source...i know as i work for RS and purchased one a while back...so i rigged up a 4-"AA" battery holder and rigged up a portable power supply for it....its decent, but it tends to distort at high enough volumes

buy it if u got 10 bucks to throw out :P

hmmm...I work at the rat shack, that's 30% off for me

I will check it out

Default Looks good :-)

The blue lights lured me hehe, just got home from work and saw this post and I felt I just had to buy it. Seems like a good deal to me and looks like a nice trone to the king of my gadgets!

Default still nice

I just ordered 2 of them.
    Only $5.00 SHIPPING
    Nice

I like the lights and the fact that you dont have to hold your psp lol..
    BUt, might wana check your story on the front page.... its missing half of what you actully typed

Question. Can it tilt the PSP forward and backwards in halfmoon angles? I need this feature, but even if it doesn't have it, it's still a great bargain at that price.

Thread Information