Thread: Nintendo DS game US Version

DCEmu Newbie

Question Nintendo DS game US Version

Hello everyone.
    I am new to this site and to gaming so I'm sure you'll all give me a warm welcome and help me solve a problem.
    My sons were bought a gift (from ebay I think) which is a Pokemon DS game but it is in the US Version. Before we take the wrapper off we need to know if it will work in our DS consoles in the UK. We have 2 DS consoles, one of which was bought from Hong Kong.
    Please can you help us as soon as you possibly can as my sons are DESPERATE to play their new Pokemon game.
    Many thanks in anticipation.
    aflmjl - new forum member

Your US Pokemon games will work on a UK Nintendo DS just fine. I know as I have the Diamond version from across the pond and work just fine in my UK launch day DS lite. Region lockage does not apply to DS games, whatever region console you hve (like US cart on a japanese console or other mix). It only applies to DSi and 3DS format games.

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

Hey there.
    Thank you so much for the reply. My sons have been waiting desperately to play it but I asked them to hold off taking the shrink wrap off until we were sure it was ok. Otherwise I would have attempted to re-sell it as 'in original wrapping'. You have been such a great help. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Kind regards,

Thread Information