Mario Kart 7 was the best-selling videogame in Japan last year, according to Media Create, with its host platform 3DS topping the 2011 hardware chart.
Andriasang reports that 4,282,143 3DS systems were sold over the course of the year, and it's little surprise to see it top the hardware chart given that it has been the best-selling hardware in Japan every single week since last August's price cut.
The top three games of the year were all for 3DS. Mario Kart 7 tops the chart with 1.16 million units sold, ahead of Super Mario 3D Land on 1.08 million and Monster Hunter Tri G, which sold 985,498 units.
01. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS)
02. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS)
03. Monster Hunter Tri G (Capcom, 3DS)
04. Final Fantasy Type-0 (Square Enix, PSP)
05. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, PS3)
06. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP)
07. Minna No Rhythm Tengoku (Nintendo, Wii)
08. Tales Of Xillia (Namco Bandai, PS3)
09. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (DS)
10. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)