via http://psp.dashhacks.com/2012/01/17/...ing-production

The PSP scene has been a bit of a ghost town lately. Little to say in the ways of big news, the new-ish PSP E1000 was somewhat of a flunk, and CFW development seems to have come to a grinding halt. This may be due to the up and coming worldwide release of the PS Vita, and it seems like the Vita may be causing some other repurcussions in game retailers.

Working in retail, it seems that competing retailers are slowly decreasing their stock count for the PSP 3000 and GO. The store in which I work in is clearing out their PSP stock indefinitely, as well as all the UMD's up in the shelves collecting dust behind the PS3 games. Other stores more focused specifically on gaming seem to be focusing on promoting the sale of second hand consoles, so as to clear them out a bit quicker and possibly even get a debit back for any unsold new PSP's.

Much like the Guitar Hero article I posted a short while back, I suggest that if you are interested in any UMD's or getting a PSP new or old, now is the time to do it. Who knows how long PSP's will still be on the shelves for.