Thread: Chankast

DCEmu Newbie

Default Chankast

ok so i have a problem. when i boot up chankast, i get to the menu. now i know its the menu becuase i know the controller, the memory card and the mucis symbol blah blah.. but, all i can see is the shapes, and some blotches of color? anyone know why its not being displayed properly? is it becuase my computer just sucks?

also do i need daemon tools to play everything?

which is your video card?

Hmm, I too have problems with Chankast Alpha v.025,
    I get the error: "can't read TOC from k:drive"

--I also was wandering if Chankast could run the Cd images of emulators or apps so I could check if I made the correct image to burn without wasting CDs

Use the xxx CD-ROM interface

--I also was wandering if Chankast could run the Cd images of emulators or apps so I could check if I made the correct image to burn without wasting CDs
    No. Chankast has poor compatibility with any homebrew game/emulator.

DCEmu Newbie

i have no idea what kind of video card i have, its probably not very good though. kinda sucks that i am computer illiterate with most things.

Quote Originally Posted by peens View Post
    i have no idea what kind of video card i have, its probably not very good though. kinda sucks that i am computer illiterate with most things.
    ask to your friends, father or a brother...
    Anyway, the problems that you have on Chankast must be because your video card is not good. The only thing that you can do is get a new PC

Quote Originally Posted by peens View Post
    ok so i have a problem. when i boot up chankast, i get to the menu. now i know its the menu becuase i know the controller, the memory card and the mucis symbol blah blah.. but, all i can see is the shapes, and some blotches of color? anyone know why its not being displayed properly? is it becuase my computer just sucks?

also do i need daemon tools to play everything?
    can you post a screenshot of your Chankast window ? Because i never seen a problem like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oosername05 View Post
    are you trying to read a real cd-rom or from a virtual drive ?

Quote Originally Posted by oosername05 View Post
    Yes it can. Use BootDreams to generate a CDI file and mount it in Alcohol virtual drive (or Deamon Tools). Then run Chankast and choose your virtual drive as your emulated drive.

If Chankast displays SEGA logo, the disc is bootable, and depending of the proggy you are trying, you can try if it works well or not. But as JKKDARK said, the Chankast homebrew compatibilty is very poor (and nullDC, the successor of Chankast, has more much better homebrew compatibity).

DCEmu Newbie

k here is a pic of it, it started to work a bit better this time that i opened it, but the things were fading in and out (note half the clock) anyway let me know what you think.

the pic is attached

maybe because your integrated card. Then there's nothing that you can do if you use your actual pc.

Thread Information