Thread: Internet on DS: CVG's verdict

Blog Entries

NDS Internet on DS: CVG's verdict

Heres an excerpt:

Free wireless internet on the go is an attractive proposal. The great thing about the DS Opera Browser (available now) is that it lets you view the REAL internet - not some cheap mobile version with ridiculously limited web page availablilty.

This means that you can log into your hotmail account to check and send emails, leap onto a news site, have a natter on your favourite forum or swing by CVG.co.uk to check out the latest gaming headlines.

Getting set up is identical to setting up your DS for online gameplay. Once you've found your access point, the DS takes a few seconds to log in and then it's ready to go. Unfortunately, everything you do after that will be anything but quick.

On the surface, this is a great piece of software. The interface uses the touch screen superbly and makes browsing without a mouse and keyboard as effortless as it could possibly be. You can view pages in two configurations; SSR mode and Overview mode.

Full Article

Please, the browser on my Nokia N80 is faster than the DS browser and has more features as well (RSS for one).

Hmm, I dont quite agree with thie speed factor, my browser works alot faster then they make it out to in that review BUUUUUUT thats on my 10MB Broadband, it probably is pretty slow at access points. Also although the controls are made to be as fast as possible, its generally more trouble then its worth (this goes for any mobile internet in this day and age, DS is as good as any.. better then most)

I agree with the rest that was said though aside from speed. It really isn't that useful unless you're stuck in Wifi enabled Cafes thinking "ahh... if only I could have the internet right now"

I generally got it as a novelty, I knew i wouldn't use it much.

Thread Information