Thread: psp saying "unsupported data" for vids in psp format

Question psp saying "unsupported data" for vids in psp format

i tryed to put some vids that i downloaded from itunes on my psp, and they are .m4v, but they didnt work. it said "unsuppoerted data" they are not protected. my video podcasts worked fine though. pleeze help me

The problem could be(if you are running 1.5)that they are AAC codec. 1.5 only supports the other kind(which I can't remember at the time).

im running 2.80

Hrms, newer firmwares are ok with the .m4v extension and you say the files have no DRM.
    I'm assuming your using the ../video folder not ../MP_ROOT/100(A or M)NV01 ones.

All i can think of is perhaps they exceed the limitations of the psp's video player.
    Taken from http://www.psp-vault.com/Article622.psp:

"So for H.264 videos, you're looking at support for files ending with a .MP4 or .M4V extension. They must be 768kbps or under, have a framerate of 30fps or under, and be Level 1.3 or under Baseline Profile, or Level 2.1 or under Main Profile (but CABAC only). The audio tracks of these videos must be in the AAC format, be 128kbps or under, be 48kHz or under, and be in stereo. Likewise, for MPEG-4 videos, they can have a .MP4 or .M4V extension, but they must be 768kbps or under, have a framerate of 30kbps or under, and be in Simple Profile. Audio must be in AAC at 128kbps or under, 48kHz or under, and in stereo. I hope that clears something up for somebody!"

I'm not so sure about the part about the audio having to be in stereo but the rest makes sense.

Have you tried converting it

PSN ID: splodger15

psp

I used 3GP Converter and set up options for PSP compatible video clips. It worked fine for me. At the time of posting, you can get it from here

DCEmu Newbie

You could use Xvid4PSP, which works pretty good for converting videos. Also, if you do use Xvid4PSP, you can put all your converted videos into the Video folder of you 2.80 PSP.

thats bs, i put on a 400 mb vid. i ripped star wars episode one onto a 1 gig ms and it worked fine. any other pssibilities?

Thread Information