Thread: PS2 Genius Required!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default PS2 Genius Required!!

Hi All!

I recently bought a flip-top cover and Swap Magic discs. I have a version 4,5,6, or 7 PS2 (I don't know but it has 8 screws at the bottom!) The discs I have are Swap Magic 3.0 (CD version Europe build) and Swap Magic (DVD version 2.0 EUR build).

The reason for me buying the flip-top and discs was because I have just returned from China with a number of games and DVD's that can't play because of the different region.

However I can't for the life of me get it to work!!

If I load the Swap Magic 3.0 (CD version Europe build), I will come to a screen with 'Load Program' and 'Video Mode : Normal'. I will then swap discs with my Chinese PS2 game (using the flip-top lid) and select Load Program. The screen will then change to a sort of 'outer-space shot (red stars, black background), and a blue and red striped border. But nothing else will happen!

If I load the Swap Magic (DVD version 2.0 EUR build), I will come to a screen with 'Insert Disc' and a 'shooting stars' background. I insert a disc with the flip-top lid and nothing happens until I press a button on my game pad. Then the screen stops (the stars stop shooting!) And later a pink border appears at the top and bottom of the screen. But nothing else will happen!

I'm at a loss about what else to do! Have I got the wrong Swap Magic discs? Am I doing something wrong? Are the discs from China faulty?

So if there is anyone out there who can help me it would be much appreciated!!

Regards, Chris.

Default Re: PS2 Genius Required!!

Download Cdloader. I'm not sure where I got it, but you can probably type it in a search engine like yahoo and it will give results. You have to first boot the magic swap cd first, then load Cdloader, then swap that with your import game.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: PS2 Genius Required!!

you can get cdloader from www.swapmagicfix.com but if that will not work there is nothing u can do prehaps try changing the reigons on th cd version?

Thread Information