Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Save Lik Sang!

General games Save Lik Sang!

Online Petitions has started a Lik Sang petition, asking that the London High Court ruling in Sony's favour be overturned.

Linky: http://www.petitiononline.com/liksang8/petition.html

Below is the petition statement:

"To: High Court of London

On October 24th 2006 Lik Sang was forced to close down because of petty lawsuit's filed by Sony. Sony claimed that Lik-Sang infringed its trade marks, copyright and registered design rights by selling Sony PSP consoles from Asia to European customers, and have recently obtained a judgment in the High Court of London (England) rendering Lik-Sang's sales of PSP consoles unlawful even though they conformed to the(each) country's safety regulations. We of the gaming community feel that the rulings and subsequent closing of Lik Sang affects us the gamers most unfairly and are insulted that Sony would take such actions and feign it as their attempt to protect us. We are aware of the benefits and disadvantages of importing hardware and software and we resent being treated as if we can't choose for ourselves. We of the global gaming community sign this petition stating that Sony overstepped their bounds and that the charges pressed against Lik Sang should be lifted so they may resume their regular business duties. Lik Sang should be allowed to continue their great service of providing gamers with hardware and software the likes of which they can't find anywhere else. Just because Sony can't/refuses to do the same, doesn't mean that we should suffer.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned"

To All DCEmu Members and Visitors Please sign this, let the gaming world show our support.

I though it closed...mabye it's still only just in business for a little time left. Still I say in any case that Lik Sang should still continue trading and make everyone happy again and that Sony get screwed for trying this stupid act against the online retailer.

alright!!!

I havent really read the lik sang closing down thing (doesnt concern me) but wasnt the reason because of court fees and all that.

-!-
    /\

I'll sign the petition, but I don't believe there is anything the general public can do, the case has already been settled. It's not like they can just "take it back."

*signing* done my part to try n help Link-sang..thats for my fresh 1.5 JP psp they sold me back then

Yeah, I support it!

I hope this actually does something. Sony needs to respect other people's property, AKA the consoles they bought. The person that buys the console is in control of what he/she does with it, not Sony.

Signed.
    secret message!
    I used to have a signature here.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I havent really read the lik sang closing down thing (doesnt concern me) but wasnt the reason because of court fees and all that.
    Partially, and that is a known tactic of big corporations (esp record compnies and studios like Disney) -- a smaller company can be bled dry from legal fees, even if they can win the suit. It's in Sony's best interests to drag this out as long as possible.

It gives me a cold feeling in my heart knowing that the companies who win such suits are the ones who have the best laywers and the most money -- not the ones who actually have a valid legal claim.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information