Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: originality crisis

DCEmu Newbie

Default originality crisis

as we all know sony are having problems being original with their games and we all know that there is a an over-abundance of $#@! film tie-ins. so where should they go from here. we know that sequels to top games are usually good but what do you think of the originality crisis. where are the original games

Default Re: originality crisis

Well, the problem is no one is original right now. *Look at the music industry. *Look at the homebrew games in this scene. *Look almost everywhere....there is a true originality crisis in the world. *I can't figure it out myself, maybe we need someone with a Psych-major to comment on this.

My guess is 3 things:

1. acceptance
    2. security
    3. actually the number 1 reason ----> money

DCEmu Newbie

yeah money is a big part or should i say greed from the big companies. the big companies control the market so that stops small companies from being original. now thats fair enough because the small companies dont have the money to compete against these big companies. but the big companies, instead of putting money back into the development of original titles, put the money in their pocket. thats where the greed comes in. i think a new format is needed instead of the usual types of game such as beat em up etc. that i think is where the genius game developer is needed. somebody please discover a new type of game instead of just putting two or three formats into one game.

DCEmu Newbie

i take it nobody wants original games then

I've been crying about this for awhile, no one seems to care about originality around here. 'Course, this is an emulation site

it's half about lazyness and half to do with money, if you can make a stack of money by making yet another sequel rather than having to innovate and take the risk of losing money then it's easy to see why the same games are released year after year. it sucks but its how it is.

Nintendo doesnt make any origonal games... does it?! OH YEAH THEY DO!

Dream Coder

you shouldnt complain about originality unless you can bring some yourself. sometimes its hard enough to come up with a small spin on an old idea.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

[quote author=Storminator16 link=board=ps2;num=1088157516;start=0#1 date=06/25/04 at 05:01:32]Look at the homebrew games in this scene. Look almost everywhere....there is a true originality crisis in the world.[/quote]That's one thing I can say about my games - they're weird and original. It may take me eons to complete them, but they're original.

DCEmu Newbie

well actually i do have my own ideas which ive been working on and no im not sharing them with you or anyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information