Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex SE-B Overclocking Module v2.1

Good to know this is out, but overclocking games can already be done if you have IrShell running.

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shizzy View Post
    Why are we suddenly hosting "warez" ?
    This is not warez.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake5986 View Post
    So I guess I am not the only one who is experiencing this. Anyone else having the the same problem, because if this is widespread issue, someone should let Dark Alex know before his next release so that he may be able to fix the problem. It's probably something wrong in the coding, hopefully he can fix it.
    Another reason why I think 1.50 firmware is still the best all around. 2.71 SE-B' is pretty outstanding but 1.50 is tried and true.

Ability to chance the system clock speed? Ooo, this sounds good! I'm going to download and install it right now and hope not to land up with a brick!

I've been able to do WiFi just fine with 333mhz. In Viewtiful Joe, it wouldn't let me host a game (maybe because I was using DevHook, as it wouldn't let me game share on 222mhz either) but I could still join a game, and I had no troubles at all with Star Wars Battlefront 2.

@Veskar- well 2.71 SE-B is an ISO Loader, IS IT NOT?

DCEmu Newbie

Has anybody tried spectral souls at 333 mhz? That game seems to me the one game I'd really want to be faster.

DCEmu Legend

psp Homebrew Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shizzy View Post
    @Veskar- well 2.71 SE-B is an ISO Loader, IS IT NOT?
    2.71 SE-B' is a custom firmware. Even if it has certain ISO loading features, we all know that this site does not support illegal ISO pirating. I don't even use 2.71 SE-B' but the only reason it is backed by DCEMU is its homebrew & emulation potential. You can run ISO's on 1.50 firmware also, does that make 1.50 PSP's "warez" ? Warez would be if this site started promoting ISO distribution / downloads.

But I don't want to start an argument or flame war. DCEMU and our community here is better than that. Just wanted to emphasize positive aspects of custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
    Has anybody tried spectral souls at 333 mhz? That game seems to me the one game I'd really want to be faster.
    Spectral Souls is more playable when over clocking. It is still annoying to see that "disc access" logo on the bottom right but it doesn't last as long as it would on 222 MHz. It is only because this game can be over clocked and /or backed up to an ISO that I purchased it. So there you go, DevHook and SE-B' can help retail game sales in a sense.

Spectral Souls is more playable when over clocking. It is still annoying to see that "disc access" logo on the bottom right but it doesn't last as long as it would on 222 MHz. It is only because this game can be over clocked and /or backed up to an ISO that I purchased it. So there you go, DevHook and SE-B' can help retail game sales in a sense.
    true but overclocking also helps with game performance not only loading times. no more slowdowns with 333mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    2.71 SE-B' is a custom firmware. Even if it has certain ISO loading features, we all know that this site does not support illegal ISO pirating. I don't even use 2.71 SE-B' but the only reason it is backed by DCEMU is its homebrew & emulation potential. You can run ISO's on 1.50 firmware also, does that make 1.50 PSP's "warez" ? Warez would be if this site started promoting ISO distribution / downloads.

Look, I'm not gonna get too deep into this, but let's clear a few things up. Obviously I realise that 2.71 SE-B is a custom firmware, but the key words you said were:
    Even if it has certain ISO loading features
    . This thing loads ISO's and thats the bottom line. The "1.5" example you gave was poor, because those 1.5 PSP's were manufactured that way. And I have nothing against ISO's or custom firmware. (I personally use both of them) That's not to say that I condone piracy either. I just think lugging around a ton of UMDs, and waiting for 3+ minute loading times sucks.I have the utmost respect for DCemu. This is by far my favorite web site. And because of that I will not bring this topic up again. I just wish they would be more clear about their policys. Someone will get banned for ISO talk one day, and the next, they host an ISO loader on the front page of the news site. I just don't think it's right that the rules can be bypassed sometimes, just because something is too popular not to host. Like I said, this will be my last mention of this. I love this site too much too bicker on it.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Apoklepz View Post
    Good to know this is out, but overclocking games can already be done if you have IrShell running.
    IrShell cant overclock games it cant run. This is for overclocking those UMDs/ISOs to remove any lag they may have

STUPID QUESTION: why did they make commercial games that lag when you cant overclock a regular (aka non-hacked/upgraded/2.80+/etc) PSP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information