Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Sony holding back on PSP demos?

Blog Entries

psp Why is Sony holding back on PSP demos?

Article by Curmudgeon Gamer

After zakk suggested I try out the Ridge Racer 2 demo for the PSP and Sony announced the Loco Roco Halloween demo, I figured, I'd see just how many PSP demos there are. Here's one list, among others. The number of demos out there is pitifully small, especially for a broadband-enabled system with plenty of local storage.

I tried out the Japanese game, Kazuo, known as Go! Sudoku over here. It plays far better than I'd've thought, considering the complexity of the input, and I'm now putting that game on my to-buy list. It's only $20 new, and less than that used.

As far as I can tell, Sony doesn't provide any page with a listing of PSP demos anywhere on its site. I can't browse to the Sony PlayStation site with my PSP, even, and have it provide a list of demos to try. If an official page exists, please tell me where it is.

Update: I forgot earlier about the problems I had with the PSP site (viewed via the PSP) -- it wouldn't log me in. Just tried same username/password again and it's now allowing me to log in. I found the PSP demos page. It has three sad little demos: Loco Roco Halloween, Loco Roco, and World Tour Soccer 06.

I cannot understand why Sony is being so stupid.

When I was a Windows game player, I loved demos, and more than one of them turned into purchases. It kept me in touch with my system and I played it more as a result. Microsoft is doing something similar with downloadable demos of newly released games on Xbox Live for the Xbox 360.

Seriously, does Sony want the PSP to fail?

Agree or Not Voice your Opinions

Unhappy Sad

This is very true. But yet very sad. Sony needs to flip there head back over and put it on straight, or else this is gonna get worse and worse for Sony

Actually there are quite a few demos out there. maybe not on the sony site but theres: motogp, mercury meltdown, world tour soccer 06, exit 2, block club, and a few others. Thats not including the UMD demos. But theres always room for improvement

There are 13 demos to download i think, and theres quite a few more on UMDs, like the one that came with the playstation magazine.......just so you know all the demos can be downloaded from my site, check my sig-

will this dumass advertiser bugger off!?!!?!? he's spammed in so many forums!!!!! PLEASE MAKE A NOTICE ON THE NEWS FORUM SAYING DO NOT GO TO PSP BLENDER!!!

I'ven't really appreciated demos until the first ones for the psp came out. When the first couple were released, I thought there would be tones more comin in. and when i say tons i mean like 1 demo for every two games. I guess i was wrong.

Default need more demos

I have 9 demos on my mem stick thay are loco roco,ridge racer 2,mercury meltdown,sudoku,ape escape racer,bounty hounds,loco roco halloween,motogp,world tour soccer 2. if im missing some pleas tell me how to get them

A eloader for 2.80 would be great

there are lots of demos for the psp just about every sony game has a demo its not sonys fault if the 3rd party doesnt put out demos and who cares anyways. the psp has great games out just in the last week ace combat, nfs carbon, snoopy vs the red baron, gun, medal of honor, atv offroad fury. all great games and better then anything on the ds. so just shut up already the psp kicks ass and there is a little game called gta vcs that comes this week that game alone is enough for me to own a psp. so if you dont like the psp who cares shut the hell up and give it to somebody who will use it and love it too many damn hateres

Quote Originally Posted by slayer2psp View Post
    there are lots of demos for the psp just about every sony game has a demo its not sonys fault if the 3rd party doesnt put out demos and who cares anyways. the psp has great games out just in the last week ace combat, nfs carbon, snoopy vs the red baron, gun, medal of honor, atv offroad fury. all great games and better then anything on the ds. so just shut up already the psp kicks ass and there is a little game called gta vcs that comes this week that game alone is enough for me to own a psp. so if you dont like the psp who cares shut the hell up and give it to somebody who will use it and love it too many damn hateres
    The little game called gta vcs might need 2.81 or 2.82 so thats good by to homebrew for a long time
    and the ds has got good games now time for me to go buy new super
    mario bros

A eloader for 2.80 would be great

Sony wants nothing but money..
    if you didn't recognize so far..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information