• Nothing

1 3.45%
  • a Little

13 44.83%
  • a Lot

15 51.72%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Trivia

Correct!(sorry for some reason I keep typing words I dont need) Anyway what was the first video game console that Mario Bros(arcade version) was released for?

Dream Coder

Colecovision. (2600 compatible cart type). (i have one somewhere, and iirc it's the white styled coleco cart, like most of Nintendo's other releases).

I'm pretty sure it was also released for a bunch of other systems at the same time (computers and whatnot, 5200, 7800, then NES and whatnot).
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Correct! Good Job Quazar you are now tied for first! Next what color is my cat? just kidding, What is a nes satellite ?

DCEmu Newbie

is it a famicom with an in built satellite reciever which only appeared in japan?

*Edit*
    ahhh doh, just remembered, i saw this on a retro website recently, do you mean the satellaview, in which case is a satellite modem for your super nintendo which wasn't made by nintendo but some unknown manufacturer and attached itself to your snes and allowed you to download extra game content for some games. (I think only like 2-3 games supported it) O, you could also download full games onto it and play the game from the satellaview.

Dream Coder

No, that would be the satellaview. If he is talking about what i think he is, it's the 'online' service for the famicom in japan. It had limited gaming uses, but there were things that let you do stuff like order pizza, make stock market trades and bet on horse races, as well as play a few basic games online (i think there was a simplified GO at the very least).

That I know of there was never a release of the same hardware outside of japan though.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

You are both wrong, you both talk about the Famicon I am talking about the nes satellite. The nes satellite is an accessory for the nes that made any controller you plug into it wireless. See Here
    Next who is the current president of Nintendo of America?

Reggie Fils-Aime

Correct! That was the last question of the trivia and the winner is...

Its a tie between Jeremysr and Big Mace! With Video freak and Quazar in a close second! Good Job to you All!!!

Dream Coder

a winner is me?

what's your count from? i see jeremysr at 3, big mace at 3 and myself at 4. am I counting wrong?

(or did you take points off for wrong answers?)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information