FIFA Football can be PlayStation Vita’s big system shifter. And that’s not a statement from publisher EA, but a leading video games developer.
Epic Games VP Mark Rein reckons consumers will lap up the title. His comments come after FIFA 12 topped the Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 for seven weeks. FIFA remains a PSP top seller, too.
“You generally don’t find a killer app at the launch of a new console,” Rein told MCV. “But I’m really looking forward to playing FIFA. To me that’s why I buy a portable system.
“With the dual analog sticks and rear touch screen, I think FIFA could be the killer app for PS Vita.”
FIFA Football’s producer Matt Prior added: “FIFA pushes the PS3 to its limits. We’ve brought that experience to a handheld and I think footy fans will appreciate this. Hopefully it’s a big success.
“We can look to integrate the Vita experience with the console. Some potential uses in the future would be being able to continue your career mode or Ultimate Team on the go, then upload your progress at home and continue it on your console. ‘FIFA anywhere’ would be a great experience.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/fifa-...ler-app/090780