Thread: Hey guys! Bit of advice...

Smile Hey guys! Bit of advice...

Howdy! Quick intro: I'm a graphic designer and web programmer living in the UK, and I (used to) release XP themes, so if you like to customise (which you most likely do) check out some free downloads on Web 9 Design or a full archive at http://b0se.deviantart.com.

Onto the PSP...

I'm not a fan of n00b questions, but I think I've actually done *too much* research and reading so i could avoid this kind of post :¬)

I've read so many guides I'm totally lost as to which is the most relevant and up-to-date.

I have (well, should have soon, pending arrival from eBay) a Japanese PSP (1000) with 2.0 firmware.

I plan to:

1. Downgrade to 1.5 using This method.

Are firmware releases hardware independent - I.e. does it matter my PSP is Japanese, can I install any firmware release?

2. Install Dark Alex's 2.71SE-B3

This is where I get confused. Too many versions!

Do I install SE-A, then B1, B2 and B3? Or do I jump straight to SE-B1, then B2, B3? Anyone have a simple guide for this updating process?

Also, I've seen mentioning of UpdateFlasher (is this just for 2.71 owners?) and 'Homebrew enabler for 2.71 (Revision C)'. Do I need to run any of these? Anything I've missed?

Thanks for looking :¬)

Ross

Oh, one final thing: Whats the fastest memory to get for the PSP? Sandisk 1GB?

DCEmu Old Pro

1. Downgrade to 1.5 using This method.

Are firmware releases hardware independent - I.e. does it matter my PSP is Japanese, can I install any firmware release?
    Dont think so, american firmware works on EU hardware, but i dont have a jap psp to test it on, but i think it shouldnt matter

2. Install Dark Alex's 2.71SE-B3

This is where I get confused. Too many versions!

Do I install SE-A, then B1, B2 and B3? Or do I jump straight to SE-B1, then B2, B3? Anyone have a simple guide for this updating process?
    jump to se b (b1), then upgrade to se b' (b2) then se b'' (b3)

Also, I've seen mentioning of UpdateFlasher (is this just for 2.71 owners?) and 'Homebrew enabler for 2.71 (Revision C)'. Do I need to run any of these? Anything I've missed?
    Update flasher is just a way for people on 2.71 to degrade there psp firmware, k, so you dont need that.update flasher needs HenC to run
    enabler for 2.71 (Revision C) (or HenC for short) is a way of running eboot on 2.71 PSPs. HenC is already included with the SE versions, so you do not need to worry about this, k.

Oh, one final thing: Whats the fastest memory to get for the PSP? Sandisk 1GB?
    Cant really help you here, all i know is that SOny sticks r the slowest, but i dont know if there are sticks faster than sandisk

You can just downgrade to 1.5 and stay at it

PSN ID: splodger15

On the memory stick question, I have the sony 32 meg stick included with the psp, a 1gb standard blue sandisk and a 4gb ultra II sandisk.
    I'd say the sandisk sticks are faster, but i dont think the psp can make use of the additional speed of the ultra II range as both the 1 and 4 gig cards seem the same, both in transfer time and load times in more mstick intensive emulators.

Thanks for the help!

bah: I ordered a 2GB Ultra II, wish I had seen your post earlier as I would have gone for a blue Sandisk 4GB instead :¬)

Still waiting on the eBay seller, they are trying to tell me my PayPal payment didn't go through, which is really starting to worry me because it did :¬(

Did they have a 100% feedback

Do a print of your receipt and send it to them and say the payment did go through

PSN ID: splodger15

Sorted it out, should be sent today. I used the same seller that someone in this forum recommended - may have even been yourself if I recall correctly!

Thread Information