Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial gPSP 0.8!

psp Unofficial gPSP 0.8!

Hey All, new gPSP (Gameboy Advance Emulator for the PSP) build by a cool dude from Japan.

What's new:
    .Analog pad assign in key config
    .Sound buffer size option
    .Controls timing tweaked

Later,

TSR

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

great job but ill stay on the official gpSP because this pne has nothing i need lol i need more compatibility lol but good job dood

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420 View Post
    great job but ill stay on the official gpSP because this pne has nothing i need lol i need more compatibility lol but good job dood
    same here

DCEmu Legend

psp Where are you Exophase?

I was just thinking recently that there has been no news on gpSP lately. Exophase, if you come upon this thread would you be able to let us know if there are anymore planned "official" gpSP releases in the future?

If you frequent these forums you will know that I never ask that sort of question or bother coders about such things.... Its just gpSP is a favorite of mine and usually "unofficial" releases don't appear until the original coder stops development.

Either way, its cool to see gpSP continuing to evolve.

heh i got excited for a moment!. ne ways ima stick to official also, but if u can magically get mario and luigi superstar sagas not to crash, than god bless you.

where's our unofficial monkey 64!?!?!?!? LOL

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    I was just thinking recently that there has been no news on gpSP lately. Exophase, if you come upon this thread would you be able to let us know if there are anymore planned "official" gpSP releases in the future?

If you frequent these forums you will know that I never ask that sort of question or bother coders about such things.... Its just gpSP is a favorite of mine and usually "unofficial" releases don't appear until the original coder stops development.

Either way, its cool to see gpSP continuing to evolve.
    Yes, of course there will be more releases of gpSP. I don't actually talk about it publically much for various reasons.

Also I've never heard of this guy. I ran a diff on the src and indeed verified the first two (which were obvious) - in the long haul I don't think there's any point whatsoever in the sound buffer option, and I was going to add analog config. I couldn't find a single thing that would hint at any change in "input timing" (I'm assuming this is SUPPOSED to mean polling more than once per frame. But it doesn't do that) so who knows what that could mean? Maybe the source isn't up to date with the binary?

gpSP's FAQ clearly states that I'd like people to contact me if they have ideas to improve gpSP, rather than release one of these sloppy ports out of nowhere. This usually just ends up confusing people. This one doesn't even have any kind of documentation included with the binary, not even the requisite copying docs required by the license (and the readme would be nice)...

"Unofficial" releases are basically going to appear for any open source software, no matter how much the original author tries to stop it. It's a mixture of people genuinely trying to improve the software and people trying to get attention. Overall it's counter-productive because it confuses the users when there are multiple development trees of the same program and it makes it more difficult to actually integrate improvements into the program because they have to be pooled from multiple sources, and someone has to determine what actually is and isn't useful, what's redundant, etc...

But of course I've ranted about this before. It's not going to change anything, so I generally just ignore releases like this. Now, if they were to fix some kind of horrible bug I'd be hunting the author down and interrogating them.

Fixing something like Mario & Luigi would require someone with a lot more time and familiarity with the emulator than your typical random-forker has. It sure has given me a run for my money anyway ;P

Exophase the legendary gba coder lol
    nice to hear that you haven't given up on gpSP and the whole gba fan boys out there like my self and many others. Cant wait for the next release

PS: hope fully you've heard some complaints that TLOZ: Minish Cap crashes at the second to last dungeon. Whats the Scoop with that?

an answer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    I generally just ignore releases like this.
    Well then so will I. Because you are continuing work on gpSP for future "official" versions, it just wouldn't feel right using a strange release such as this.

gpSP is truly an excellent piece of work and I could see how some people might try and steal some of that glory by releasing an "unofficial" version with very little, if anything meaningful added.

Exophase, thank you so much for commenting on this release and my particular inquiry about the future of gpSP. Believe me I know you don't owe us anything and even if another version of gpSP never came out, I'd still use and love the current version.

Exophase has earned his place in the PSP homebrew comunity and also all our respect by releasing a high end GBA emulator such as gPSP and that why i for one will only stick and wait for his OFFICIAL releases.. But in saying that each to their own lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information