Retro City Rampage will be released for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, developer Brian Provinciano has confirmed.
The top-down, open-world game is a parody of classic games and their mechanics. Its release for Sony platforms is a surprise given that it was initially a WiiWare exclusive, and was later announced for Xbox Live Arcade.
In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Provinciano stops short of explaining how the game came to be released on Sony platforms, but does take a minute to enthuse about Vita development - backing up Sony's pre-launch claims that the PSP successor is the company's most dev-friendly hardware yet.
"Bringing RCR to PlayStation has been a fantastic experience," he writes. "Sony's been so supportive and great to work with since the beginning. This will mark the seventh year since I began developing games for the PlayStation platforms, and I look forward to many more to come.
"The PS Vita has been a dream to develop for as well. I've developed for every console and every handheld from the past decade, and the PS Vita's development system is the best I've ever used.
"Sony's simply gotten everything right, from the hardware to the tools and support."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/retr...d-ps3-and-vita