Thread: Additional Amazing Virtual Console Line-Up Confirmed

Blog Entries

Rev Additional Amazing Virtual Console Line-Up Confirmed

Reports are emerging today that demand for Nintendo’s Wii is going to far outstrip supply this coming Christmas season. Well, there’s a surprise. Not!

Play.com has already been shamefully guilty of cancelling pre-orders, with many receiving the following email in recent days:

"Dear Customer, due to a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii Consoles, we regret to inform you that Play.com will be unable to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch. We are guaranteed more stock before Christmas, but Nintendo have informed us, along with all other official Nintendo retailers, that the console will not be freely available until next year."

If you are busting for a Wii this December and haven’t yet pre-ordered, then it looks like you’d better get ready for some camping out in the cold. On that note, SPOnG is already hearing stories of PS3 queues forming outside Best Buys in California – NINE days before launch.

We’ll be trying to interview some of these crazy fools, who clearly have no lives or work or families to worry about, in the coming days.

SPOnG’s also hearing on the grapevine that N64 VC games will NOT feature force feedback (as per the classic Rumble Pak) as they will make use of the Wii’s Classic Controller, which has no rumble motor. More from Nintendo on this anon.

In more positive Wii news, SPOnG told you earlier this week about a bunch of confirmed Virtual Console titles for early 2007 as confirmed on the ESRB ratings website. A bunch more Nintendo classics have now been added to that list, which are:

• Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
    • Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
    • Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
    • Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)
    • Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Impressive stuff we're sure you agree. To be fair, many if not most of the above were already known about or at least assumed/rumoured to be heading the way of the Virtual Console. But it’s still great news to see the above list and know that we’ll be playing most of those games again early in the New Year.

it would be good to have some of those games but reality is this - they are restricting what region gets what games so we may never see these in europe for example.

DCEmu Newbie

They should offer rare games on the VC. I already have all of thoes roms downloaded. It is the rare ones I need now.

all the hardware on this site is pretty cool. pretty good prices aswell. http://www.techsplosion.co.uk/index....ndex&cPath=210

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paul1991 View Post
    They should offer rare games on the VC. I already have all of thoes roms downloaded. It is the rare ones I need now.
    Give it time. This is only a launch availability, not final availability. Don't let Nintendo know*you have roms, it could get you into trouble now.

it would be good to have some of those games but reality is this - they are restricting what region gets what games so we may never see these in europe for example.
    They may change the region settings for games later on and have them offered specifically for your region shortly after launch. I think they said they were going to try to bring almost every game from the Nintendo past to the VC.

i really do hope so - im completly against region locking. i think it is a major stumbling block for any of the consoles.

Thread Information