Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wii- the retail in-store demo units we are getting?

It's EB Games without a doubt, but i dont know how they got their demo model so early, time for me to goto my local EB i think

It is a landmark for nintendo and, I can confirm that i have played it. When you all go to play it it will be standing up like the ps2 can, it has a blue power button like the ps2 does, and the controllers are about as wide as 6-7 inches in and 1-2 inches in height. I do think the game i played was off track. It didnt impress me (though it was just one game) the graphics were NOTHING SPECIAL at all. . .This system is more about feeling like your in the game itself like as if you were playing after burner in the arcade or something. PS3 will have the most power and deliever the most. Mark my words why do you think its soooooo expensive? PS3 is for the big boys and serious gamers.
    I probably will stick to my opinion due to the fact that it never changed for gamecube, gameboy advance, (except for golden sun and tony hawk 2) and the xbox 360. The only system that i did adjust on was the Xbox because i realized how powerful that system truly is and still is.

360=nothing compared to the original xbox at all games run smoother and its so much more hackable and just fun overall

and i can't get mainpaged for this or something? This depresses me so

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YourStillWithMe View Post
    It didnt impress me (though it was just one game) the graphics were NOTHING SPECIAL at all. . .This system is more about feeling like your in the game itself like as if you were playing after burner in the arcade or something. PS3 will have the most power and deliever the most. Mark my words why do you think its soooooo expensive? PS3 is for the big boys and serious gamers.
    As I have asked before, since when is gaming all in the graphics potential? The PS3's cost is in it's Blu-Ray capabilities. If it were on HD-DVD, it'd be a bit cheaper. Besides, the good games for PS3 won't even be available for launch (MGS4 is what I'm waiting for mostly). Seriously, play Legend of Zelda if you get the chance. The graphics are simply amazing.

People are getting spoiled with this high definition sh*t and more power=better system hype these companies dream up. I can't believe people fall for that kind of marketing. Would anyone rather play Doom (the original) or some insanely hopped up HD version of Pong? A bit extreme on the comparison, but come on.

Where are our insanely long RPGs that didn't have "great" graphics but was able to pump 100+ hours of fun into it?

Quote Originally Posted by YourStillWithMe View Post
    When you all go to play it it will be standing up like the ps2 can, it has a blue power button like the ps2 does
    OMG Nintendo copied Sony's PS2!! I ain't buying it now! lol

look here everyone. The flaw with instore booths is that you have to stand so close to the screen (thus the sensor bar) to play, which in turn makes sensitivity and accuracy seem way hard and twitching. Wait until you play it proper round a friends house or at home before you make your final judgments on it. Trust me get even just 6ft back and it will be perfect.

Dee

what are the graphics like on it

Well i beleive the graphics are at 480p, while the PS3 is 1080. But since when did graphics matter? I'm a hardcore gamer myself and i enjoy playability, not graphics. If Oblivion was a crappy 2d-ish game, but still had that open roming awesomeness it would still be great. GRAPHICS DONT MATTER! I myself am looking foreward to Red Steel. But each to his/her own opinion YourStillWithMe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information